Is it possible to texture-paint with a boolean modifier?

This is my high-poly with a spherical boolean modifier. I’m aware that if the boolean object and the boolean’d object has the same material, that material will show where the boolean is cutting.

However, if i texture paint on the boolean, that texture painting does not show on the high poly cut-out. It only applies the color of one pixel at (0,0) of the UV on the boolean object.

Is it not possible for me to do a workflow where i can paint details on the booleans and it will show on the high-poly? Does it only work with one color, one metalness value, one roughness value, and so on? For example if I were to draw a green line in the centre of the sphere, could that green line show up on the high-poly?

It seems possible if it is in the same UV location.
But I don’t know if it’s possible to get it to the exact location.

In the Boolean Modifier > Solver Options > set Materials = Transfer.
Solver needs to be exact.

That is 2 materials, with 1 being painted on.

Here is a quick video on Booleans and Different textures … it is using Kitops but will work with plain objects and boolean operations just as well…

Worked on new testscene. Can’t for the life of me figure out why it doesn’t work on my high-poly. Good to know it can work at least.

EDIT: Fixed it now, so a quirk with this. The name of the UV-Map of the target must match the name of the boolean object’s UV map