IS IT REAL?: Window's Blue Screen of Death goes to the Olympics

Did Vista really crash during the opening ceremonies? If so that wouldn’t be a good demonstration of using Vista:spin:

This isn’t the first time the BSOD showed up in a major public area (make sure you see all the pics. on the last blogpost that comes up.)
Like this one
http://media.techeblog.com/images/bsod_4.jpg
http://www.techeblog.com/elephant/index.phtml?s=BSOD

I think it was real. Vista is okay, I’m running it as I’m typing this. But I still like XP. Vista just has a sleek, shiny interface. But I’m willing to bet that it was real.

… lol. Isnae that an embarrassment to the windows crew ? But I bet with their pockets stuffed with cash they didnae blink . . . although I must admit that the lads and lasses working at Windows have worked hard to get where they are are so good on yous fine folks.

Linux ain’t much better

oh yeah I went there!

They both have sucky tech support though about equally the same only in different context.

Lol!
And why is people still saying that Vista is okay???

They paid for it. They’re ashamed to say otherwise :smiley:

That’s too funny!

@kay_Eva: On Linux, the tech support person is YOU yourself. And yeah – I agree – some Linux “tech support” people suck at it!

If you can’t get Linux running on your box then either there are problems in Linux that can be found (maybe not ever fixed, but you can find what’s causing them!), or you just don’t know enough about it yet – AKA “tech support” doesn’t know how to fix it.

Yup, I agree with you kay_Eva.

Interesting website: http://www.mojaveexperiment.com/

Shows what some average joes think of Vista when they don’t know that it’s Vista.

Personally, I wouldn’t use it because of the resources it hogs.

That’s pretty hilarious, but not because it’s Windows. Computers don’t just crash, no matter what OS they’re running. It can only be the fault of the idiot(s) using the computer.

In fact, I have actually never, in my entire life, seen the “BSOD” in person, regardless of having used computers since my early childhood.

This is still more hilarious:

I think there has been a bluescreen of death at ever windows launch demonstration ever.

I think every apple demo eventually does that freezing thing, where it just sits there and smiles at you and you want to reach in and strangle it.

I’ve not seen too many Linux demos, but the ones I do see end up with someone going “oh wait… that’s not… oh, i didn’t… hold on I have to spend ten minutes setting something up…”

Something else that amuses me is that all of them - all of these demo things - the guy doing it will stop typing and look up at the giant screen behind him instead of the smaller, easy to read screen right in front of him. As tho he might get a second chance at not screwing up on the big screen or something.

nope i didn’t pay for it but i still say that its good. Best damn 64bit support that i have ever found. Also i have found that it is very stable and rarely does it crash. Only once have i gotten the blue screen of death and that was an irql is not less than or equal to error that i quickly fixed.

Haha, I’d believe it. But I agree with a couple earlier posts: Generally its the user, and every OS crashes at some point. The only time Ive had Vista crash on me was for a couple weeks when I was having crazy sound card issues(due to my pos soundcard).

But yeah, this certainly aint great pub for windows haha.

If you’re using XP it could be you’ve never seen it because the system just restarts when it happens. I never got a BSOD on my computer till I downloaded the latest ATI drivers and the system kept restarting. I turned off the restart on the video crash and BINGO. Course I just had to wait for ATI to update the drivers to go get rid of the problem.

Nah, it’s just that Windows has never crashed for me. I have encountered massive slow-down, but only on my old XP/- machines, and even then, it’s my fault, not the OS’s.

I can’t enter :(:(:(:(:(:(:frowning:

EDIT: I entered! yay! nothing special though :frowning:

It happened in Beijing ? Well on the news today is that the footprint fireworks was partially faked, and that the cute 'lil girl who sang was lipsynching . . . we’ll find out that the windows was faked shortly. You heard here first man!

I just read that news five minutes ago. Hilarious stuff. :smiley: