Is NVIDIA/GeForce the only solution??

I´m trying to set up a little render park:-) 5-6 pcs would be ideal for me…
I put in an add in a recycling paper a month ago to buy “old” stationary pc´s with NVIDIA/GEFORCE installed, but only heard from guys who wanted to sell their game computers at a very expensive price.
Actually I dont need that - at the moment I render at a HP Pavilion p6-2285eo bought in 2012 and it is absolutely not a game computer, but it does have nvidia/geforce

Can anyone tell me what alternatives might do the job more or less as well as NVIDIA/Geforce??
since there appear to be so few of these computers in my country:-))

I just say the following specs from another pc -would that be a good match to Blender rendering?
[TABLE=“class: table-data-sheet table-hover, width: 0”]

Mærke
HP

Model
600B

Processor
Intel Pentium G645T @ 2,50 GHz

Ram
4 GB

Harddisk
500 GB HDD

[/TABLE]

or what about this one?

[TABLE=“class: table-data-sheet table-hover, width: 0”]

Mærke
HP

Model
Pavilion P6000

Processor
AMD X3 440 @ 3,0 GHz

Ram
4 GB

Harddisk
700 GB HDD

Garanti
12 måneder

[/TABLE]

Can anyone tell me what alternatives might do the job more or less as well as NVIDIA/Geforce??
since there appear to be so few of these computers in my country:-))
There are no Nvidia computers, only computers with NVidia graphics cards. These are extremely common in PCs and if you have the cards they can be easily slotted into other computers.

If you want to use gpu rendering you need to really use them.

Hi, keep in mind that one Intel Core i7-4770K system beat 4-5 of this HP 600B and 4 GB RAM is really low.

http://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=Intel+Pentium+G645+%40+2.90GHz

The power intake is also 6 times higher.

Cheers, mib

BUT and this is a BIG problem for you and one that will be basically unsolvable

older nvidia cards that use the 340 driver are CUDA level 2 cards

Blender NEEDS the newer cards that are CUDA level 3,4,and 5 cards

basically you NEED new computers with NEW cards

PS.
The computers you will end up getting are OLD XP boxes that used the now unsupported 96 and 173 nvidia drivers

Hi JohnVV, you don´t even need any display card for a render node, only for setup (if you use Linux).
You need those newer cards only for Cycles GPU render engine.
@@Jeppe_Ingemann, do you have a workstation already for Blender ?

Cheers, mib

Thank for all your replies,
@mib2berling: no, I don´t have a workstation by now…
I only render in this: HP Pavilion p6-2285eo
Could anyone tell me how strong theses specs are- the pc was bought in 2012:
[TABLE=“width: 778”]

Intel Core i5 (3. gen) 3450 / 3.1 GHz
Nvidia GeForce GT 640
8GB RAM, DDR2 2 DRAM

[/TABLE]
I also have another question(sorry, I don´t have basic technical knowledge so perhaps the questions are stupid, I am a freelance designer not a pc expert)
1.what is it that makes NVIDIA/Geforce different from other graphic carsds/processors?
2. how much better would Acer Predato(GeForce 950)below perform compared to Asus(Geforce 760)in terms of Blender rendering - 50 percent faster? 25 percent faster? 10 percent faster??

Asus M32AD-NR010T Stationær comp…
Intel® Core™ i5-4460
8 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 - 3GB

Acer Predator G3-710 i5-6400/8GB…
Intel Core i5-6400
8 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950 - 2 GB

Hi, cant find a real Blender Cycles test but 950 should be slightly faster than 760, maybe 10-20%.

If you on a smaller budget don´t go for GPU rendering, put all in your CPU and RAM.
May you look for a “Bundle” mainboard, CPU and Ram with i7 6 core, there are about 600 €.
Keep your GT 640 and change only the mainboard, ready. May you need a new power supply but I don´t think so.

https://www.csl-computer.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=10886&cPath=61_69&pse=base&utm_source=Google_Merchant_Center&utm_medium=Preisvergleich&utm_campaign=Google_Merchant_Center&gclid=CjwKEAiAtf6zBRDS0oCLrL37gFUSJACr2JYblBX-KUj4lZTYaPJjgdPXFFlbU8w8DguvBlJAmFVvThoCWl7w_wcB

Cheers, mib

“I´m trying to set up a little render park:-) 5-6 pcs would be ideal for me…”
So you probably expect to get some profit using this farm and again - probably- will run into issues of not being able to run task in necessary time frame or some kind of hardware issues sooner or later…

Have you considered Cloud computing instead of local farm?

This gives insight of paid and free software/cloud computing costs used to get render jobs done and at the same time not relying on submitting your NDA job to some render farm if that is a concern.