Is there a way to force VideoTexture.ImageFFmpeg to reload an image at runtime?

I want to reload an image every time a directory is changed in a string property that points to the image. But when I do it, it is stuck at the same image. How can I force ImageFFmpeg to reload a new image when I change the property to a new image in the game?

Is this a limitation, because if so, this is annoying.

I think this should do able in python coding that use import codes on c++ runtime, but im not really an expert on coding, but there is always another way…
Ussually the BGE use Library to store data and assets, perhaps using the common python on Library load and free the library, because when you free the library assets (just like on outline tab or Blend files) its totally remove the data then you can calling back the recent modified data to be loaded back to the Library and the new one is added.
However using “LibFree()” code is always using Absolute path folder unlike “LibLoad()” that can be set to relative :frowning:

I seem to have worked it out myself, but I shall try LibFree() in this case maybe…

I do not know how to use LibFree and LibLoad, so I have never touched them. Please explain what these two do.

try this:

That is a 0.2x UPBGE file apparently, while it loads fine in UPBGE 0.3x, it does not load the textures because they have not been packed into the file.

Also, I’m on Apple Silicon, so any GLSL-based vertex shader or fragment shader on an object isn’t able to work unless it is postprocessing (2D Filter). Until full metal integration comes, shaders for most objects are out of the question. This excludes materials, and only applies to object-based scripts.