Is there an addon or a script that creates bezier curve for selected bones?

For example if i have a bone chain and i select some bones in pose mode then run the script/addon and it will create a bezier curve from beginning of the bone chain to the end? (for example a whip or a rope or hair or what ever similar stuff)

Bonus point if it parents it to the first bones parent. 2x Bonus points if it also creates hooked empties for a bone chain/curve. 3x Bonus points if it automatically spline Iks selected bone chain to the spawned curve. And finally 4x Bonus points if it instead of empties adds bone hooks to the bone chain and hooks the curve.

Bonus points are not needed but appreciated. Cant get chatgpt to create a working script (makes it halfassed) and dont know how to code so help is appreciated.

Why not use bendy bones? It’s what you’re describing, just way less complicated

I wont use it just for ropes and stuff, i will also use it for rigid bones that are not bendy but i want to control them via curves and hooks. That was just a quick example i had in my head.

Have you looked here…

Or here on b.a.
Or Blender Market.
Or blender.stackexchange.

Yes i scoured the net. So that is why i asked. Maybe i missed something.

Lol - thats what happens when you decide to be original and do the opposite of everyone else…

Go post this as a volunteer job in the Jobs section here on b.a. You might get lucky, or partly lucky.

1 Like