Is there someone using malt here? any advice?

I was not satisfied with shading options in blender. Despite I tried hard I never found any shader option that satisfies my tastes so I decided to look into blender Malt which is some sort of NPR style rendering engine built by anime enthusiasts for blender.

I tried it already, built some simple shader toon stuff, but I read online this rendering engine is complicated because it requires you to go learn the shading language, an amazing thing to do tat will surely let you grow as an artist but I got no time for that right now.

I talked to people who use malt on a regular and one of them told me she goes crazy learning all the stuff of shading language, reading papers on rendering engines. This stuff is surely amazing but not for beginners not for intermediate users, you gotta be advanced.

This is malt. And I google online and find no beginner dumbass level tutorials. Do you know if theres a beginner-noob level guide that I can follow? I find on youtube only videos from 2020 and instead malt is keeping the development active despite so few info come out.

1 Like