Is this file corrupted beyond repair?

For some reason, every Object in this scene that has Meshdata maintains a minimum three linked objects, itself and two mystery objects that I can’t even find with bpy. I don’t know how this happened, even when making a new default cube object it will link up like that. I deleted everything in the scene that I could find. I don’t know what I did to make this happen. Any idea what could be wrong with it? I still have the issues opening the scene with no addons, and making a new scene within the file. The file itself is doing it, I have no ide what this is. There is no way to get an object with meshdata that’s not linked at least three times. The original file is much larger and can’t be shared here, im using this smaller file to find the issue.

Screenshot_32

linked_object_curse.blend (420.4 KB)

Saved with Blender 4.0

The only thing I see is a cube, no linked objects.

I did not see the problem either on blender 3.6… I’m going to try factory resetting my blender 4.0 see if that helps

It’s gone after a factory reset. Gonna have to try and narrow it down in the config files.

Another trick to keep up your sleeve, when dealing with corrupted .blend files:
From a non-corrupted file, use menu File > Append… to try to pull important bits out of the corrupted file.

In the past, I have a few times gotten files into states, such that they crash & then could not successfully (re-)open or load. Using “append” to rescue “must-save” parts of the .blend file into a fresh .blend is sometimes a life-saver. :slight_smile:

1 Like