Is this forum slowing?

True
now I need ten characters:)

What? No, that’s not what I meant. I don’t care if you call me (un)cool, an idiot, a loser, a sheepfker (hey, that happened only once), gay or whatever. We all know you’re not really fond of people like me and Wu. We know you dislike the Wu-Man character. We know you don’t like me for saying 'sheepfker’ in this post. We all know, cause you keep saying it over and over again. I’m sure some people agree with you, but I’m also pretty sure a lot of people find your moral rambling annoying. Nobody expects you to like my and Wu’s humor, but why put all this negative energy into it? We sure as hell aint gonna change who we are and what we do. Just live and let live man, live and let live (except when it’s getting too personal). If you don’t like something, say it, don’t preach it.

L&LL

Apart from the fact that my time for blending is deceasing, I don’t like to come here simply because this place looks awful and doesn’t feel home like good ole’ elYsiun. No offense. I know redesigning the site takes a lot of time.

I think nico has made a good point here. The change in forum software and the lack of the redesigned forum has indeed killed some of the posting here.

I have been posting a lot less lately, but that has been mostly due to the fact that I have been very busy with work and it is also fiscal year end here. So closing up a lot of loose ends and such as well.

Hopefully in the next 1-2 weeks, things for my self and the rest of the forum will change. The new design, (which is very cool btw), will be up and I will also have some free time to actually get some Blender stuff done.

BgDM

1-2 w33k5? w00t i11 b3 w8ing 8) and ontopic, im not a big poster but i do lurk around and if able to help someone then i post to :wink:

Sago, it’s not like people expect me to like you and Wu’s humor, the fact that most people laugh at dirty humor and cussy punchlines proves of how twisted people’s sence of humor has become. In the 1950’s you’ll see people laughing at slapstick and good clean jokes, since then it has gone downhill quite a ways.

1 Like

the forum in my opinon has less vieweres/posters because of the new forum, but is still being worked they say?, but in my opinon this place is difficult to view, difficult to post and overall isnt as decent looking all around and elysiun.com was…but they said the new forum should be up and running in a month…althought they did say that five months ago…haha…i’m not laughing…

i also figured out the moderators secret plan, and why iconox/kansas15 was allowed back into the forums, you see people, this forum world is not as clean and secure as you once thought, dark things happen here and dark deals are made.

take the deal made with iconox and the moderators…you see kansas15/iconox was banned from the froums, but also at that time the rise of two super stars was taking place, wu and sago, ok one superstar…wu. his rise was great and powerful, even fantastic, yes fantastic was a better word, he is becoming too powerful they thought, too strong, and with sago teaming up they are creating a unstoppable force, what shall we do…

then the idea was formed, BgDM the bully of the moderators hatched a plan, his idea was simple, allow kansas15/iconox back, but under one condition…that he become their rabid bulldog and he must follow wu and sago around all day long and annoy the sh*t out of them all…day…LONG!!

we see your plan blenderartist.org moderators, we see through the corruption of the forum world, what was it that set you off, when i made fun of the moderator Alltaken and his skin tight red short shorts?
http://www.home.earthlink.net/~nellim/shorts.jpg

, when i made fun of SamAdam for being too drunk to close a thread that one time he said the thread was locked and he never even locked it…what a FOOL!!
http://www.home.earthlink.net/~nellim/mod.jpg

NO! I know what it was…it was when sago pointed out BgDM’s twinkie addiction whith this photo…i guess the truth cut a little too deep for BgDM…we all know what BgDM stands for right (Big Guys Dig Munching!)…the corruption is deep…but sago and wu-man will overcome and take the forum for ourselfs…you’ve all been warned, you are either against us or with us…
http://www.home.earthlink.net/~nellim/bgdm.jpg

Are you trying to say the forum is “slowing down” because of dirty comment and the fact that alot of people here have twisted humour or is this just a bash at wu, sago and co dispite the fact they havnt made any recent “moraly questionable” posts recently (atleast what ive seen)?

p.s. they didnt really have PCs and the internet in 1950s either… So maybe you should step away from the computer and stick to slapstick?

I do respect you Wu (and Sago too) whenever you post nice clean humor.

I don’t mind the clean humor, but not the dirty variety (which unfortunately seems to be the defacto type in many cases now(look at some movies for instance))

I’m not bashing Wu or Sago, if you read the post above I do like them as long as what they post is not morally questionable.

I’m also not saying that’s why the forum is slowing down.

Wu and Sago has posted dirtier stuff before though, but as long as their posts are clean they’re fine.

Wu rules. Sago rules. I like their jokes, especially the last one Wu ;).

ok thats cool, i never really did understand where the hate/jealousy was coming from, i mean i can remember many many times posting in your threads to give helpful comments on your work, while others gave you a hard time and attacked your work, so i never really understood what the deal was, but if you say you respect the wu then everything is fine…

bigbad- thanks dude!

I said I respect you when you post clean humor.

That means no humorous images that have swears or dirty material in them. Good that the images in the posters aren’t dirty and the swears are censored but surely you can replace them with fudged and crud

Its because were missing our cool old elysiun theme, the vbulletin generic theme just dont feel like home.

Agree to the 100% power.

Icoxo: this may offend you bit you are starting to sound like Kansas_15 again :frowning:

So whos up for a lightning round of “Back in the Day”?

Let’s stay on topic (Icoxo. Wu. Sago.)

Yes, the current layout sucks, so that might have a LITTLE something to do with the dying down of users (why did we ever get rid of the old theme in the first place?)

I also noticed that the main page hasn’t been updated in a long time (since elephants dream??). An active website should be updated frequently, just like blendernation.

If BGDM is telling the truth (which he obviously is, I trust mods) and we finally get our new layout, we should get a little boost in hits.

There’s been a lot of worthless posts lately. This is a problem. Another problem is all the internet short talk that has been flooding the forums. BlenderNation isn’t an IM conversation, it’s a place to get discuss the greatest open source application ever.

i wonder where might they have gone…? i mean not many talk on cgtalks blender forum.

so thats where they have gone?!! O_O you people come back here now or ill have to start paying you all a lil’ visit >:x
:smiley: (hope this helps, well probably not but hope must remain)

And like an amazing train wreck, jellywerker wrests the thread back into offtopicness! for the loss!

Kansas: but fudged and crud are just meant to be “clean” versions of “curse” words, making them just as bad as the curse words they are standing in for (get it?) This has always been one of my pet peeves. Don’t say “Holy fudge” and think that it is any cleaner than “Holy specific four letter word” as fudge is simply representing said four letter word and therefore should be just as bad. A words value is given to it by society, or even as small an entity as a single person. Think the president’s use of Islam - Terrorism, but I digress. So if I decide that “choice four letter word of questionable malignance you buddy!” means “Have yourself a great time man!” then the power of that choice and questionable word is nullified. Have I lost you yet? Basically, if I say “F*** you!” means “Cya man!” then who is to tell me I am wrong? In the same sense, what if I said “Fudge you!” when in reality, I am just saying “F*** you!” with a word that society has yet to call “dirty” it’ll happen someday though, and somebody will have to take a stand and revert it back to tasty candy, or whatever they see fit for it to mean then.