Isolation Cell

I just used physics to get the natural look. I’m still not satisfied and want to have the dangling chains twist around each other and hang more unevenly.

The bed frame (untextured):

Just a quick notes

• do beds like this really exist? Iam trying to find reference for it and it appears to me that this (as it’s not connected to the ground in a firm way) could be destroyed by the inmate.
  • Leg of this bed could be torn out of the wall if the prisoner would want to and then be used against prison guard. Similiar could be used on the bed as the inmate could remove some of the horizontal bars, place it back and then guards would not suspect anything I assume that this is supposed to be something Alcatraz-ish and not something where a lots of cameras is , so something less could-be-used-as-a-weapon should be u sed.
  • if it stays like this I would love to see some stains where the bed connects with the wall.

Timo, Anthony, et al, drop everything and export a glTF (either .gltf or .glb) from Painter and import it into Blender. You will not need to touch a thing beyond that. Your Principled BSDF mats will (should) be perfect, ready to render. glTF is the shizz. They are also the new standard for WebGL, so you can pop glTF right into a webgl app or viewer and you are g-t-g.

I’ve spent time in older prisons. The fixings weren’t nearly as safeguarded as they are in max security cells that some governments use today. The bed is supported by a diagonal bar at each end to the back wall., as well as with bolts on the underside along the back of the frame, and the bolts would be secured inside the wall with a metal plate or some such so it can’t be ripped out.

In my time, light bulbs were freely accessible and often turned into weapons. Guards would do a thorough search if bulbs were missing or even broken. If a new bulb was needed, the old one had to be turned in first.

Not all inmates are animals. Not all inmates get the same type of cell.

I don’t have clue what you’re referring to. Can you explain further?