It sees everthing! The big eye

Hello guys ! :slight_smile: Here is a big eye spy robot that I had the immense pleasure of
producing inside Blender 4.0 and rendering with Cycles.

Actually, I was prompting using Midjourney, robot ref images, kind of trying to find som inspiration but everything I got was so perfect whether it was modeling, shading, lighting or compositing. Then I thought…Hmmm, I’m going to create a wheel robot in Blender that’s as perfect as what Midjourney comes up with.
I used other ref sources like cars and stuff.

Check out my Artstation if you´ve got the time :slight_smile:
https://www.artstation.com/pasder
My facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Pasder64/

Here is the result!

Blender 4.0 and rendered using Cycles. The entire shading is procedural.

47 Likes

Woooow! Looks fantastic!:heart_eyes::fire:

1 Like

I’m glad you posted multiple pics because the thumbnail one doesn’t serve justice to the detail and design of that small one!
Also, you did way better than some AI mixing images. Cheers!

1 Like

Thank you so much :slight_smile: I had lotsa fun working at it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh thank you :slight_smile: yeah I usually want the viewer to be able to see the details. Therefore, I choose to produce more close-ups. On the other hand, I focus so much time on those details so not exposing them would have been unfair to the project :slight_smile:

1 Like

I get it. It’s way more satisfying than making multiple things! Quality over Quality :ok_hand:

1 Like

Yeah, quality is definitely central for me and this on several different levels! It goes from making different parts compatible, succeeding in creating an illusion of a mechanism that would look genuine and finding the best relationship between shapes and colors, metallic, roughness and so on. That takes most of the time and some research. Indurance is a factor here! Once you have come up with good ideas on ​​how things should be shaped and look like, it’s fairly quick to model. The same also applies to shading which is entirely procedural :slight_smile:

1 Like

Then we have the same workflow! Although I haven’t got into making eyeballs and you’re way better, but eventually. :grin:
Love clean design. Might as well manufacture it at this point!

1 Like

Even the eye? I’m impressed. Nice work.

I think eye veins usually fade out closer to the iris, but that’s a nitpick.

1 Like

Just a note: I think image “2” has the eye-holding mount/clip in the wrong rotation.

1 Like

For a spy robot it really stand out! (In a good way of course) lol The detail is amazing. Keep up the good work! :grinning:

1 Like

Nono :slight_smile: It is meant to be like this :slight_smile:

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

Hi,

Thank you so much for that :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you! I will :slight_smile:

You’re on the featured row! :+1:

1 Like

Wonderful creation!

1 Like

its long that you don’t you share anything’s.
welcome back.

1 Like

It looks great! :grinning: How much time did you give into this project?

1 Like

Thanks Ali :slight_smile: It was a while ago I was here. Been producing a lot since then.
www.artstation.com/pasder