It's a small universe

Here is my first work in Blender that I have seen through to a semi-finished state. Any feedback would be helpful.

http://www.parkminsterpreschool.org/Images/room2.jpg

looks nice, lighting is fairly nice
but you could maybe use some kind of texture on the walls and that sun kind of looks like a lemon. Should make it more orange and maybe add a bump map.
RogerM3d

Cool start,

yup, need wall texture…

you can place a light inside the sun, to act as a lamp :slight_smile:

you should place an horizont out of the window. Camera is looking from above, it is very odd to se a complete starry sky out there…

Stefano

You’re definately right about the sun and the walls, they need some work.

As for the lack of horizon, that was what I was going for. Kind of a floating room thing.

Thanks for the input.

its cool i like it… the globe in the corner looks like it has refraction?

I used an EnvMap for the sphere in the corner to reflect the room (many thanks to BgDM for his recent tutorial on this.

Great job on the textures of the planets. Keep up the work on the drawers, though. They look all shaded together. Nice job.

I like it, but completely white light bother me… I have my own rules for lighting…

• White color doesn’t exist… must choose other colors (light colors are fine)
  • If white color is necessary… make sure it is REALLY necessary like white lights on the ceiling
  • Put 3 or more lamps
  • Lights equal your emotions

Hope it helps you :slight_smile:

humm…I think that it would look more intresting if you used the sun as just about the only light in the scene. Nice, bright, and haloish. Also needs a better texture.

Other than that, it looks pretty neat.