Here is an addon for Blender which generates ivy on objects. It is a port of the well known standalone program Ivy Generator (http://graphics.uni-konstanz.de/~luft/ivy_generator/) which has been made with the permission of the original author Thomas Luft. It is also a continuation of the efforts of Blender users testscreenings and PKHG.
Right click and ‘Save As’
In order to use this script a build of Blender after r38676 is required.
Alternatively, a build of Blender after r38855 includes IvyGen by default.
- Download the file under “Download Location” and place it in your add on folder.
- Enable the addon through User Preferences.
- Place the 3D cursor where the Ivy should start growing.
- Select the object to grow ivy on.
- Select Add -> Curve -> Add Ivy in the main menu.
- Ivy parameters appear in the Tool Shelf (T-KEY).
- Change any ivy properties.
- To see your changes take effect, click “Update Ivy”.