Jaguar F-Type R Convertible

Here it is. I hope you like it. Please critique if it can improve the image, mainly compositing.

4.35M vertices.
Cycles.

Viewport showcase: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4FiN2OnoJ4

9 Likes

5 Likes

4 Likes

How did you make the studio render in this scene?

Lighting is only from HDRI.

I wanted to do some more shots, but it’s not worth it. I still have one shot in progress though.

2 Likes

Jesus people what’s the point of this website? Is this piece THAT great that people are speechless? or that bad that people are speechless?

My finished project hasn’t been shown either.

1 Like

I could care not much about the featured row, but considering how many users this site has, it’s a shame that so many great artworks gets ignored. There’s always something to comment about any artwork. Being mute on an art site makes no sense.

And I am not just talking about your artwork or mine. I have seen good artworks getting absolutely no comments. Take this for example:

I agree that there are too many artworks here that are far better, but then why the critique section even exists if no one likes to critique?

Well in this period of time, people spend less time on this platform i guess…

you should give another try at the realism of the first render. I know your work since i followed you on the other thread… it has tons of details so you should try a bit harder to make the final render better. More organic, better fit in the picture.

1 Like

This work is extraordinary in modeling. Congratulations for the excellent work. Did you do all this with Blender?

1 Like

Thank you! Yeah that’s why I posted in critique section cause I, honestly, didn’t do anything much with the scene this time so I wanted to have some critique beforehand. But 2 days of no replies, so I kinda lost interest at the moment. I am working on LaFerrari right now so this project is on hold for some time. I have some other HDRIs to test too.

Thank you. I always use Inkscape for the icons and blender for the rest.

1 Like

HI,

Beautiful work. There are several things I consider would improve composition in general.
Car is too well lit. Does look a little too perfect or a little out of environment.
I would consider shifting car’s cold red hue to a little warmer ( in some parts) Shadows should remain colder.

I would also slightly darkened the shadows and especially under the wheels.

Add a few warm spots in the clouds ( highlights) and on the field.

I have made few adjustments in Photoshop.

Cheers

2 Likes

Thank you for the points. I will keep that in mind and work on this after finishing guide mesh for LaFerrari.

1 Like