Jason Funderburker Halloween Special

The legendary Jason Funderburker showing off his undead moves; proving once again that he is the complete package. My inspiration was the Youtube video “spooky scary skeletons dance remix” They walked so I could run. Special thanks to my friend Quadpusher for his Houdini talents. The cloth sim was done in Marvelous designer, the skin and ground fog were done in Houdini and the rest was all Blender.

Rendered with Cycles using Blender 3.6

27 Likes

Awesome work! Made me laugh :slight_smile:

2 Likes

:rofl:
This is super fun. I love that his body deteriorates as he dances. Movement is also excellent!

1 Like

That’s sick, great work on the physics.

1 Like

Fantastic work! So atmospheric!:fire:

1 Like

Very ghoul…I mean, cool :wink: nice work

1 Like

Love that you used the Vincent Price bit!

2 Likes

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

Wow! Thankyou.

1 Like

You’re on the featured row! :+1:

Dude, this is fantastic.

Great job animating it to the song. The skin falling off during the dance is a great touch.

1 Like

Thanks, I used mocap data from Mixamo but had to clean it up quite a bit to fix all the penetrations. His skin falling was an affect my friend put together for me in Houdini which I imported as an alembic file.

Hello everyone,

Presenting the “Behind the Scenes” article for this brilliant artwork!

Feel free to explore the article written by the artists themselves. It takes you through the detailed process of creating the artwork and offers valuable insights into character design and animation in Blender.

Regards,
Alina Khan
Editor at Blender Nation | LinkedIn