Jeannot Landry Holiday Snowman Project Blender 2.8 & eevee

(Jeannot) #1

Here is a rendered shot and a showcase video of little project I am working on. Now I need to rig the snowman and make him move a bit, then I can animate a camera in there and add some Happy Holiday message or something.

Blender 2.8 & eevee ROCKS!

(jbattersby) #2

Well done, the snow shader looks great!

(Jeannot) #3

@jbattersby Thanks :slight_smile: Its all procedural.! But I also have the perfect references. I just have to look outside, plenty of snow here in New-Brunswick Canada :stuck_out_tongue:

(Jeannot) #4

Here is a rendered turn table of my Holiday Snowman project.
This took only 1hr to render a total of 360 frames (average of 12 seconds per frames). Now I see where I need to tweak the snow material specular values (too shiny like ice) as well as the falling snowflakes which are too fast…

(Jeannot) #5

Some modifications done on this version, got a better control over the snowflakes, better DoF and added some comp. Full size 1080p. Took 2hrs to render all 360 frames at 20 samples.

(Jeannot) #6

Rendered test of my holiday scene looking up at the sky, added some wind in the trees and I think the effect is rather believable :slight_smile: Created and rendered in Blender 2.8 with eevee render. Took on average 7 seconds per frame to render, rendered 550 frames to test. Took exactly 1hr to render :slight_smile: I am happy with how that came out :wink:

(Jeannot) #7

Here is a still for like desktop BG, its a rather nice BG :P, could be nice for a postcard or even a greeting card hehe

(sundialsvc4) #8

There’s always room for one more holiday movie. Bring on the cute fuzzy creatures playing in the snow! :+1:

As you see, Eevee is actually fast enough to get it done before summertime.

(Jeannot) #9

@sundialsvc4 Hehehe, I actually think I can finish it before Christmas :slight_smile: