(My second render looks a bit better, but I want it to be during day time and it looks shit when there is a sun :()
Here is my latest piece of work… until now I have been focusing only on modelling trying to get it to a decent standard. I have made this model, and now it is time to create a scene for it, texture it… and then once that is done, animate it.
The problem is, I suck at creating scenes and my texturing is limited to block colours and using blender textures for basic bump/displacement mapping.
Now I have many things that I need to know how to do and if anyone knows of how to do any of these or knows of tutorials for them I will be very greatful.
- How to create a realistic scene
- Realistic texturing (I can probably find several tutorials for this myself)
- How to do realistic outdoor lighting
(Own Find) http://mediawiki.blender.org/index.php/BSoD/Introduction_to_Lighting
- Bump mapping using an image
- Creating good looking grass… the size of the floor on my scene, the grass tutorial just can’t create enough grass
I used to be a mapper for Half Life 2 mods and so I am used to working with 3D skyboxes which are very small but appear large in the render… so it is unusual for me to place everything full size