John Deere Lawn Mower

http://i.littlepix.co.cc/652846.png

This is a model I made last year when I wanted to make a lawn mower racing video game. I finished texturing yesterday/today along with adding more details (steering wheel and shift gears).

http://i.littlepix.co.cc/639133.png

What do you think?

I like it… Looks great… exept the open space into the engine on the front part… it’s got no dept’
But besides that it looks awesome^^

Looks nice, also how is your Eddy game coming along? :slight_smile:

@Geil: what do you mean
@ShadowX great! I Can’t work on it much when my sis is around, her PC is in the same room that mine is in, so it limits what I can do :slight_smile:

Where you can see the pipes around the engine looks too flat. Maybe model a few more details. Other than that it’s a great looking model.

I like the model but the texturing isn’t great. theres too much solid colour.

@Mcguinnessdr:ohh ok I see :slight_smile:
@rorkimaru: yeah well I tried textuering it once and failed, I wanted to keep this simple

For the parts that are solid now, consider adding mud, rust, oily streaks, chipped paint, etc. Try looking at the real lawnmower and see what’s there.

I based this off my grandma’s mower, which looks like that, and is 7 years old, but very clean, no mud, chipped paint, or anything. Other then the wheels/blade cover, it’s clean! :slight_smile:

here i marked it up for you…

The marked part isn’t very well textured… But i guess it hard to find good textures for that area

Yeah, that texture is actually a texture of the under-side of a car, lol. I’ll add more details

Hi JesusFrk14,
ur model looks pretty nice dude and the only thing i would add to it is a nor(normal map- in the Map input tab) so as Geilarin mentioned above :smiley:
other than that not much to add,maybe some textures on the green part and on the bottom yellow maybe turn that into dark grey or silver with some depth grip as well…
Gratd bro!
ShortK

Thanks for the comments :slight_smile:

I’ll do normal maping!
Button yellow part is staying yellow :stuck_out_tongue:

nic dude!
and well…humm…ok i know what im gonna say now it doesnt have much to do with ur topic but just as a complement id like to share this link with everyone :

i dunno if most of the ppl here know bout this kind of UV unwrapping but for me it will help a lot for tomorow lol
i think this is much easier than marking seams ^^ so i hope the link above will be any useful to anyone here
Kind regards,
ShortK

Np dude and nevermind what i said about the seams lol ,u do have to mark seams ^^ and the video just shows how to store the maps in a memory in the hd!
ShortK