Johnny Bullseye, secret agent extraordinaire

Haven’t posted anything on here for a while, so here goes…

After a long sleepless night on Monday, I finally finished off an animation for my Advanced Video Media class at uni. I had way too little time, since the subject is ~mainly~ aimed at live action/compositing/etc which is what my classmates did, but managed to finish it anyway. It’s about a suave secret agent and his trademark business card, done in a 1960s Saul Bass-ish kind of style, mostly hand drawn, but also with 3D elements.

There’s not a lot of 3D in here, but I thought it might interest some of you to see the shading technique. I tried to make it so that stylistically, the 3D would blend in with my 2D drawing style, and I think it’s been relatively successful.

Please feel free to have a look :slight_smile:

technical details/screencaps here.

Video (4MB DivX 5) here.

Very well done. You have a nice portfolio site as well. Saul Bass and his works are definitely a good choices to learn from.

Have you seen this?
http://www.saulbass.net/

Keep up the good work.

I have a book on my desk called Typography in Motion (Jeff Bellantoni and Matt Woolman, Rizzoli, New York) and there is a section devoted to him as well.

very nice animation. Like the style as well as the way you combined 2D and 3D. Well done.

Paradox

Great :slight_smile:
Especially since you used one of my favorite tunes to it :wink:

1. pofo

Very nicely done. Like the style and combonation of elements
oh and interesting story… :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley: