Joseph

wow your skill is very high, also in the proportions and face reproductions, I hope to see also some non monster portrait…

1 Like

When you finish doing politicians you could turn famous beautiful people into ugly creatures.

Your portrait ability is awesome. They are completely recognizable. However, I liked the earlier ones better because there was no distraction of familiarity. The earlier ones weren’t known people right? Or maybe I just don’t know them?

Do you make a normal portrait and then monsterize it or work toward the final form from the beginning?

One of your earlier pictures didn’t look like a monster or evil to me. It seemed like a portrait of a woman with a deformity. It was the expression and eyes I think.

1 Like

very interesting design i loved it but also looks very scary indeed.

1 Like

Another incredible masterpiece from you! You are showing that you can achieve the ZBrush level of insane detail more than any other blender sculptor I have seen. The addition of the new vertex painting is also really elevating your possibilities.

I am very interested to know more about your workflow. Are you using a mutlires workflow in the initial stages and then applying the modifier at a later stage for the super high res details?

3 Likes

You just had to add the shrooms LoL :mushroom:! One of the defining qualities of impactful art is that once seen, it can never be unseen. Check :white_check_mark:

3 Likes

Why can’t we see his hairy legs? I would love to see an update to this piece. Maybe he has spider like legs.

1 Like

:man_shrugging:

@julperado I used an older regular 3.2 alpha. Thanks for your comment. :wink:

@Jamez

There will soon be an article on blendernation.com explaining some of my workflow techniques.
Thanks for the love. :pray:

@Splododyne

I used multiple reference pictures of real people to get inspired. :smiley:

The latter.

5 Likes

I love this series! It is awesome and I think it would make a great exhibition. re: political or social issues, well that is within the art territory, so I personally am completely okay with (and in fact, approve of) someone displaying a different view to my own in their art. It is their art and their expression. I don’t want them spending 20 hours doing something they can’t focus their energy and passion and creativity on.

My take is that I don’t have to be offended by them having a different view to me. Their view is their view, and they are entitled to it. It does not threaten my own view. I do not seek to control their view or tell them they are wrong. I am not worried about them having a different view. My view is not the correct and only one and everyone else is wrong and stupid / needs to be called unpleasant names.

I don’t have to agree with their view to find their art or possible message interesting anyway. And sometimes art is designed to shock a little. Sometimes I listen to people on the radio who I disagree with almost completely, but they are interesting and intelligent and passionate and engaging. I don’t feel my own views threatened by them having a different view. In a way, I think it is healthy to be faced with different opinions to my own. I consider it healthy that we have a range of views.

There are a few politicians I admire and respect and I would actually love to see them included in this art style. In some ways, I find it even more interesting if the subject might be someone I consider “good” in general.

I think a nice thing about art is we each have our own response to it. This series I find very thought-provoking. A lot of 3D renders here are great and I can admire them and be in awe of the artistic ability. But not so many are as thought-provoking as this series.

Some of the things this series has made me think about include:

• Do all humans have a beast side to them? This image could be me when I am ill and tired and have not eaten any honey for weeks.
  • Why do I view these depictions as the person being monstrous? Suppose aliens visited us and they looked a bit like this. Should I react in horror? Why does my brain react this way? Do I act in a monstrous way to people who look monstrous?

re: discussing politics, I am not a fan of that in a forum about my hobby. I try to avoid it and many forums try to avoid heated political discussion and name-calling etc. For good reason, I feel. Forums are generally about community, uniting the community and supporting each other. Politics can be very divisive and leave a bad taste after a heated discussion. There are forums to discuss politics, this forum is a lot about art done in Blender, which this is.

I come from using a different 3D app for many years (Cinema 4D) and have frequently heard good things about the Blender community and the amazing support and resources.

Anyway, thank you to the artist for sharing these awesome images. It is very nice to see such high quality work sculpted in Blender, when ZBrush is also at hand.

Edit: Sorry Andrea, I meant to reply in general, not to your post!

3 Likes

A political illustration is generally used to illustrate an article that criticizes or explains some particular point of the actuality.

In this case there isn’t any constructed explanation and it makes the artwork somewhat (we would say ‘gratuite’ in french) just for fun.

I personally think that art should be serving a constructed political reflexion and that the quality of this political reflexion is what matters most.

That’s why I personally chose to dedicate my time to this open source atlas of anatomy:
https://www.z-anatomy.com/

https://www.linkedin.com/company/z-anatomy

It does not talk about politics but it is in itself a political struggle.

2 Likes

I highly appreciate your whole comment and especially these lines. Thanks!

3 Likes

It’s art. Get over it.

1 Like

mazing !!!

1 Like

Great stuff !

1 Like

I think you replied to the wrong person :slight_smile: I agree with you, and my reply says what yours does, albeit in a less pithy way

2 Likes

One thing’s for sure, no matter where you stand on the issue, whether you like Biden or not, this piece has kicked off one helluva conversation.

And for this reason alone, it can be considered Real Art.

3 Likes

Oooh, the finger. It’s not just Joe it’s also Uncle Sam. Took a while to click.
Also, I love the pin.

Fantastic!

2 Likes

Dude, creep me out much…

1 Like

Awesome work! True face of this corrupted hypocritical creature

1 Like

I knew that! I knew it remembered me of some one, but couldn’t get it!
Thank you!

Bravo. As someone stated this version of Joe unveils his true hypocritical nature, monstrous beneath political mask. Fungus growing on his body is a nice touch too. Very controversial topic apparently, some people feeling were hurt. Art isn’t about pleasing all sides.

2 Likes