Journey to Joy - A Cozy Christmas animation

Hello everyone! I hope you’re having a wonderful Christmas!

This project has been sitting in my hard drive for months, and I finally managed to bring it to completion. The project was rendered in Cycles, I also used Substance Painter for the lookdev and Gaea for the landscape. The vegetation was made with geometry nodes and the rain with simulation nodes.

https://twitter.com/delriofe/status/1739011657978769518

I hope you enjoy it!
Merry Christmas! :christmas_tree::sparkles:

59 Likes

Such a wonderful animation. I love the contrast in the scene’s lighting from warm to cold. It turned out very nice. :grinning:

2 Likes

Beautiful work and animation. :+1:

1 Like

I love this! Such a cute character! Thank you for sharing! :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks everyone for the comments! Glad you liked it :grinning:

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

What a sweet ending! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

And now I wanna see the whole movie :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Love the raining vibe and cozy lighting, colors pallet make make the whole scene feel satisfied to watch. great work, man!

Thank you for completing this work, because it is a very well constructed animation and we enjoy the beautiful final scene. The choice of colours and contrasts according to the importance of the scene seems to me very well done. Yes, warm colours are reserved for the centre of the frame.

Stunning! The animation, lighting, and storyline are impeccably executed. Congratulations on such a fantastic job!

You’re on the featured row! :+1:

I think I might have something in my eye.

109-1094319_crying-emoji-1png-happy-with-tears-emoji-transparent

That’s great! I like how it tells a whole story in just a few seconds. Awesome colors and lighting too.

Absolutely amazing work. I would love to see a breakdown of this scene, so if you ever take the time to make one please do tag me in it!