Julian´s Facial Animation Test

Hello everyone,

I share with you our main character´s facial animation test, this belongs to a project titled: “The Rustle of Leaves” Teaser. It is currently being produced by a small team in Mexico and we are glad to say we are on the final stages of it´s development.

Video:

Hope you like it!

96 Likes

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

3 Likes

That’s beautiful, well done! Where can I see more about the project?

1 Like

This is really high quality!! Amazing work!! :star_struck:

I’m also curious to see more of your project…

1 Like

…And it’s really supposed to be a boy? :thinking:

2 Likes

Hurray!! thanks a lot Bart. :smile:

1 Like

Thank you for your kind comment, this project started long ago as an academic experiment and since then it has endured many obstacles and harsh circumstances and happily it´s finally coming to completion.

If you wanna know more ´bout it, here´ s a link to the conference we gave at Blender Conference 2017.The Rustle of Leaves - BCONF17

We´ll keep posting some more content soon, hope u enjoy it.

3 Likes

Hahahaha, indeed he is, nonetheless we understand your comment. I guess many boys look like girls and many girls look like boys, specially at certain age, aside from this, there is a huge narrative reason for him to be so effeminate, but that I cannot reveal yet. :wink:

You’re on the #featured row! :+1:

2 Likes

Lovely work!

1 Like

The eyelashes , the jawline and the lips do throw me off too… But wow!
This is really good

1 Like

Does it matter?

2 Likes

That’s how I look after reading the feature lists of every Blender v2.8x release! :grinning:

Wonderful character work!

-Will

2 Likes

This is great! I’m glad to see more animators displaying their work here. The quality in this shot is definitely something to aim for.

1 Like

Thank you Bart! Such an honor.

Thanks everyone for your kind comments. We are now on the final stages of production, so we´ll be posting some final shots soon. As you may know this character is the protagonist of a ten minute short film we´ve been producing for the last four years, it´s been a long road, hope everyone likes it.

WOw stunning work man! Just watched some rigs on you vimeo, thats looks quite impressive. I just noticed you had a talk at Bcon in 2017. You been work quite a while on this project, great job!!!

Ps that other small shot on you Vimeo looks stunning, the quality looks really well

looks like little Julian got a hair cut :wink:

1 Like

Hey man! Thanks a lot, yup, you’re right, it’s been a long road and it’s finally coming to an end, I’m so happy, so much effort and passion have been poured into this project. Feels good to know people like it.

Indeed, Julian got a hair cut, hahaha, nice of you to notice, his design never stopped evolving until we finally nailed it, at least that´s what we like to think.

That other video you mention was the first scene we tested for lighting, it came together nicely and served to establish our lighting pipeline.

Thank you for your interest and for your kind comments!

1 Like

It is amazing. the only remark I have is about how his head stretches, it is kind of wired. maybe it stretches too much?

1 Like

I think it kinda adds to the stylization. The hair and eyes kinda feel anime inspired and the squash and stretch kinda makes it feel a bit more like 2D animation.

1 Like