Just a guy

Hi the community, This is my latest work in Blender. Still looking for realism in character’s creation. I know that I’m far from it, but I try to get closer everytime. I didn’t find a tutorial that would explain how to use the different maps (for the skin) or even how to create them. I’m using the “mhskin” node shader, but I’m not sure about the parameters. For this guy, all was done in Blender. I know that it would be so much easier, especially for the skin, to use zbrush but I don’t want to learn an other software because it’s already difficult to master Blender and I’m sure that we can do a very good work with this awesome software. It’s my second work in Blender 2.8, I was afraid to leave 2.79 but I managed to do the transition and it’s pretty interesting !!! For this model I sculpted it (first time that I didn’t used the modelling to create the shape) and then retopologised it. I’m not very confortable with the technique and I lost some details, so I worked with the multiresolution modifier to get some of them back. I have to practise of course. Cheers.

1 Like

nice, the skin looks pretty good :ok_hand:

Thank you Sir_Laugesen, I wish it was… I’m glad that you like it but there’s a lot of things to do to make it more realistic. Maybe in the future…