Just Want to Say Hi and Connect with Like-Minded People

Hey everyone,

My name’s Jeremy, new to these forums, and would like to introduce myself. I’ve been working with Blender for about 3 years and run a small business focused on using storytelling to help businesses advertise their products and services.

Like many of you, I’m a creative who wears many hats. I have experience with a variety of software for designing characters, animation, visual effects, sound design, voiceovers and just about everything in-between. I usually tell people it’s both a gift and a curse. It certainly has its pros and cons. How many of you have felt the same?

Currently, my business has reached a road block. I’m usually quite ambitious with my projects and by some miracle it’s worked out well for me. But now my ideas and the work I do have become too much for one person to take on. Now it’s a dream of mine to find like minded people to work with, to collaborate with and grow with. My dream team if you will.

I’m looking forward to connecting with the community and getting to know some of you so feel free to drop me a message or just say hi.

Cheers,
Jeremy

7 Likes

Welcome :tada:

you might think about a (small, medium… big?) job offer and post it in the jobs category? And maybe collab later when people know you? Also telling a bit more about your “business” so people can do more than “just imagine”…

So just make this a little more non-off-topic but specific :wink:

2 Likes

Hello Jeremy !
Indeed wearing too many hats is an interesting learning experience but at some point trying to specialize in what you like most is cool too !

I’m probably not the right partner for you since I’m already fine with my current job, but maybe you should also indicate where you live in case you might find someone near your place.

Collaborative work is much better done in the same room :slight_smile: Unless you plan on working fully remote which you should probably tell about that too !

Good luck !

Hey, thanks for your replay, I appreciate it. I wasn’t aware of the job offer section before, but now that I’ve discovered it, it seems like it’s going to be a great resource. I plan to post more in-depth info there once I’ve got everything sorted out.

Right now, I’m freelancing exclusively for one company, and their workload pretty much fills my schedule. Yet, I’m hopeful that by assembling the right crew, I can expand my operations and welcome more clients. I wish I could spill more details, but my contractual obligations with my current client put a cap on what I’m allowed to disclose. It looks like I’ll need to have folks agree to an NDA before I can share the finer points.

I’m currently working on a strategy, and it’s shaping up to be a bit more drawn-out than I’d hoped. Depending on the scope of future projects, I’m likely going to start by teaming up with one or two driven individuals. Initially, it’s about finding those eager to broaden their horizons, enhance their portfolios, gain recognition for their contributions, and then gradually move to more stable roles.

At this stage, things are still a bit murky for me, so my current aim is simply to make connections and meet people who share my vision and enthusiasm for leveraging storytelling to elevate brands. By this, I mean creating fun and entertaining characters that relate to the company’s target audience and creating fun and entertaining stories that promote their products and services. It shows a common problem that their target audience faces and then offers the solution.

And just to give a bit of insight for those who might be interested, some of the animated commercials I’m working on are set to hit up to 6 million views nationwide.

I’m eager to share more when I can and build connections with others in the community. Thanks again for your advice!

3 Likes

Hey there! Thanks for your response! I honestly haven’t thought of that before, that’s a good point. I’ve been so focused on creating a pipeline focusing solely on remote work with others, I hadn’t even thought of working with people locally. That could indeed have many benefits!

I would definitely be open to exploring it!

I live in Versailles, Kentucky, in the U.S.

2 Likes

Hey there, I’m a community n00b too. Let’s both grow and prosper here together! :beers:

1 Like

Best of luck! It’s a good thing when you have more work than you need, a good problem to have. Looking forward to seeing some of your work when you can show it. Cheers!

Hey Charles! Thanks! Feel free to send me a message if you like and we can connect!

Thanks Len, I appreciate it! Yes, it is a good problem to have, but a tough one to solve! At least for me. Hopefully I’ll figure it out!

Hi Jeremy! I do a similar job: fulltime freelance making videos for SMEs and corps. I write the script, arrange the voiceover, edit the sound, illustrate and animate. I’ve always combined 2D (AE+Illustrator) and 3D jobs, lately it’s a little more Blender. I love the variety: a few days of planning or research, some modelling, looking for good audio track, my days are never alike.

I’m 45 and have never scaled up personally: cooperations and subcontractors, never employees. If I don’t feel like working, I can go for a walk :slight_smile: