Kaldewei Projeckt

Great character, but what dazzles me:
Why does he have the same name as one of the biggest bath tub producing company in Europe?

http://www.kaldewei.com/en/

rust never looks the same
did a short search on flickr

http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=rust
some times it is smooth an velvety
sometimes it looks like freckles
even glossiness varies
so for convincing rust i think you need at least a bump and a specular map

hum and yes for things still moving it often happens that exposed edges are polished to the metal while holes and caves settle dirt and rust.
BM

Did this rust work?

Attachments

I Know that Kladewei is the biggest bath tub producing company in Europe
But the Name has a spechal Sound and I hoppt that noone did Notest :smiley:

and Thank you for your Held bjornmose

I Think I mastert the Rust Problem …

Attachments

Littel News Flash
Rust is Fine and I m able zu do in on the hole body

Attachments

I Finischd the Rust
Now its realy Time for the Arms and Legs

Attachments

Great job so far. This really reminds me of the movie “Sprited Away”.

cool!
you did a really good job, especially with the hair

The very first picture form the arm
From left to right
Sholder unferarm and the hand

Attachments

definitely very interesting. i cant wait to see this done.

@mcguinnessdr
you have rekognised one inspiration that lead me to this odd Thing.
I am not a very big fan of Anime but same of Hayao Miyazaki movies have artworkts they ar very beatifull and unique.
But Miyazaki is’n the leading inspiration, there are Russian influens from the hous of the Baba Jagga the old Pest- Doktors, they was waring masks in the shape of birdfaces. Same Illustrationes form Brain Froud, Alen Lee, Tony Di Terlizzi, Mike Mineola, Pupets form Jim Henson and many more. But I realy don’t copy these artworks. Kaldewei simply was there.

great work … looks nice

I Know that Kladewei is the biggest bath tub producing company in Europe
But the Name has a spechal Sound and I hoppt that noone did Notest :smiley:

well, i had a kaldewei bath at home, i think it’s a very popular german brand so people know it :wink:
i thought this thread would be a bathroom project ^^" but i like your character

What keeps him from tipping over?

@ bobg
Yes look very instabel but he is not finisched.
Karldwei will get big, maybe birdlike shows, and tiny but strong legs under his rock.
Strong arms they will send the focal ponit to the center.
But on auf the mayn reasons is the Rigg.
Kaldwei shall be abel to hyperextand any lippe of his Body.
That meen if the is curios he will extand his neck. He will rise 2 n if he wont to scearre you. Arms will be cam longer… and so on.

But there ist that “shall” because I havend got a clou how the armature will work. But it will be fun to figer iit out J

Could you perhaps tell us how you got that wood material? It looks really nice.

is there anyway to see a drawing of how the whole thing will look when finished. I’m having a hard time picturing the arms on this thing. Really don’t think they are needed. This looks stunning by the way.

@ specular shader
The woodmaterial look very good but it is realy very simpel.
The diffuse shader is a simpel Orean- Nayer(Ref.: 0.8; Rough: 0.2) because this look like organik Material.
And the specular shader is Phong (Spec.: 0.2; Hard: 1). Very importen is that the specular shader iss nearly close because we don’t need a shiny spot the hohl wool shal be schin but only a bit.

The wooden vein is a texture.It has to be very very very big, hase to have details like creaks and so on. And the Textore don’t has to have blury poits avery thing has to be sharp.
Theas dealis make my wood so very alive.

I made a UV for avery wooden birk UV are abel to ober lapp. For samthing like Ambient Occlusion I will make a new UV layer. And Mix tham up. Because Textur Bake ore Pait work fine but it will kill (Caue of the resulution) the deails of the textures.

The Wooden Tey get in the Map to a COL and a NOR with 5. but this ist all about how it look.

This is… any questions?

@ http://blenderartists.org/forum/image.php?u=10325&dateline=1199481144 Framedworld
ou are Right thiis look Silly but he will get arms and hans becaus the are a very importent ans eary element… I made same new Deinges and wil Try tham druing that week i Think:)

So
new arms mor wing like tis ist mutch bedder

Attachments

Theas are the fingers ther is mutch work but they Express the Basics
Long and thin and this Extendsabel to sworts

Attachments