J029t

Looks cool! Keep up the great work;)

Darn it Rocky, can you make ONE THING that doesn’t make me feel totally inadequate? ;n;

Great work, that dragon looks amazing!

thanks you so much, Marvin, adrians and Michelle

@Michelle, it is not just me but the perfect work flow Blender could offer for me to make it. _(^.^)/ I really had struggles and spent much time while making things too.

http://i.imgur.com/bP50qJB.gif

Pretty much i almost finished the preparationg of switching weapons and clothes for Keisha ( details will soon be painted on the clothes).

Here i have the running animation of Ice form - Keisha. I think it is cute to give her a non- fighter cloth so i guess this one suits alot.

Very nice!
I love the dragon!

Thanks Smoking_mirror ^.^

Today i want to show you the looks of Keisha and her ability to interact with things, in this video it is a headless robotic armour, that human use to ease their heavy work.

Keisha forms : Fire (orange), wind( white) , Ice ( blue) , Earth (green) , Normal ( pink hair). The last form will be shown later.
^^ Isnt she cute?

Really cool RockyMadio, love the art style. Would like to see it with a fresnel highlight effect too, maybe the quick dirty material ramp method. The dragon looks great, did you use the rotate around normal technique from the link I posted in the other thread or something else? Can’t wait to see the final game.

Not so little.But your Indie game looks adorable.

Hey RockyMadio your works are awesome, specially little girl is nice !

I will follow your thread cause it is good stuff :slight_smile:

Thanks Derpgoose, Lucas15 and threedslider. ^.^
The robot will be painted with additional details, i am still thinking about those. I wouild make the edges of the parts slightly white and abit scratches on the surface.

I made the dragon with 5 main separate parts:
Head (using Edge split, Mirror)
Loopable joint ( Edge split, Mirror, 2x Array for Tail and Neck)
Body (Edge split, Mirror)
Legs (Edge split, Mirror )
Tail (Edge split, Mirror )
After texture baking, i applied modifiers and merged every parts together into 1 single mesh.
its better to manage each part and because they use different intensity of edgesplit modifier. However all of them share a common UV map.

I rigged the dragon to an armature, but the whole body causes no collision. I make cubes that act as static - convex hull and parented each one to each bone. The cube has high friction value in the material setting , so the character wont slip on it.

@DerpGoose I did try the method you sent me, but then the character will always align the the dragon body and when she jumps, it looks very weird. She remains with diagonal pose and jumps straight up @.@

I prefer dialect little not lil.Word shortcuts used by President Obama fanboyism.

Hey Rocky, the game’s characters, models and animations are sweet!
Good luck with developing your game :wink:

I figured that link I sent you might not work, i tried to mimic what you where trying to do and got the same result you mentioned. Your solution makes more sense, I’ve also recently started making use of the material collision settings, it’s much simpler to use.

The robot falkor looks great already without the texturing.

It looks amazing, only krit, have a knee rise during jump (or both*):smiley:

thanks hilkoji and Blueprintrandom ^.^

@Derpgoose
weee! will you have a gigantic creature in your game too ? ^.^

I wanted to write here for a long time but always forgot :frowning: , I was very amazed when I first saw your videos, fantastic art style and the gameplay looks extremely smooth, it must be a hell of a game and a definate hit when it’s finished! All the best luck to you my friend! :slight_smile:

Thank pagio!

I really hope that the project will be done well.

For this project i receive a support of a professional comic designer who is my friend. He will partake in making comic-based cutscenes for the game. He also helps me with ideas of advanced details on models, since he already joined many projects of game and comic production.

Text ‘n’ voice - dialogues can be done by my friends who are skilled with english speaking.

The concept of this game was documented in a PDF with 20 pages (i did it as my university - semester exam), which will guide the progress much better.

With a balance of tragedy and childish settings, i am able to input my self-composited music pieces into it (most of my music is happy o.o)

I convinced some good programmers of our forum to join the team.Weeee

That’s great to hear that, you’re a very talented artist yourself my friend but also the overall design and development of the game is really professional! The overall feel reminds me of the good, old Sega times, can’t wait to play it!!! :smiley:

Thanks pagio! Your compliments are supporting me greatly. I try my best.

Edit: i added this image a while ago.