Key Ops: Toolkit 0.1.83

Thanks, will look into it and see if its possible to implement :slight_smile:

1 Like

Cool add-on. Isnā€™t it funny that there are tons of add-on trying to make Blender more industry standard. Says a lot about the users.
Only hope that Blender devs focus on that a bit and enable more stuff. Also UV workflow should completely redone and the selection mode removed. No other software needs that. Way to complicated.

4 Likes

Thank you! I 100% agree!

The goal with this add-on is indeed to add missing industry standard features in one add-on. :slight_smile:

Hey Dangry!

Itā€™s me again :slight_smile:

I have this code, and itā€™s working perfectly from Text Editor, but as i try to execute it from view3d itā€™s not creating the attribute via you addon.
Do You have any idea why it is not working from view3d please?

import bpy

# Check if there is a selected object
if bpy.context.object is not None:
    # Check if the selection mode is vertex
    if bpy.context.tool_settings.mesh_select_mode[0]:  # 0 represents vertex selection mode
        # Check if Selection_Vertex attribute already exists
        if "Selection_Vertex" in bpy.context.object.data.attributes:
            # Select Selection_Vertex attribute
            bpy.context.object.data.attributes.active_index = bpy.context.object.data.attributes.find("Selection_Vertex")
            # Delete existing Selection_Vertex attribute
            bpy.ops.geometry.attribute_remove()
        # Add Vertex_Group attribute
        bpy.ops.geometry.attribute_add(name="Vertex_Group", domain='POINT', data_type='BOOLEAN')
        # Set mesh attribute
        bpy.ops.mesh.attribute_set(value_bool=True)
        # Rename Vertex_Group attribute to Selection_Vertex
        bpy.ops.keyops.atri_op(type="Assign")
        bpy.context.object.data.attributes["Vertex_Group"].name = "Selection_Vertex"

# Check if the selection mode is edge
    elif bpy.context.tool_settings.mesh_select_mode[1]:  # 1 represents edge selection mode
        # Check if Selection_Edge attribute already exists
        if "Selection_Edge" in bpy.context.object.data.attributes:
            # Select Selection_Edge attribute
            bpy.context.object.data.attributes.active_index = bpy.context.object.data.attributes.find("Selection_Edge")
            # Delete existing Selection_Edge attribute
        # Add Edge_Group attribute
        bpy.ops.geometry.attribute_add(name="Edge_Group", domain='EDGE', data_type='BOOLEAN')
        # Set mesh attribute
        # Rename Edge_Group attribute to Selection_Edge
        bpy.context.object.data.attributes["Edge_Group"].name = "Selection_Edge"

# Check if the selection mode is face
    elif bpy.context.tool_settings.mesh_select_mode[2]:  # 2 represents face selection mode
        # Check if Selection_Face attribute already exists
        if "Selection_Face" in bpy.context.object.data.attributes:
            # Select Selection_Face attribute
            bpy.context.object.data.attributes.active_index = bpy.context.object.data.attributes.find("Selection_Face")
            # Delete existing Selection_Face attribute
        # Add Face_Group attribute
        bpy.ops.geometry.attribute_add(name="Face_Group", domain='FACE', data_type='BOOLEAN')
        # Set mesh attribute
        # Rename Face_Group attribute to Selection_Face
        bpy.context.object.data.attributes["Face_Group"].name = "Selection_Face"

else:
        print("Unknown selection mode.")
else:
    print("No object selected.")
1 Like

Hi @Adam_Szalai Cool script!

I tested to executing the scripit with a macro in PieMenu Editor and it seems to work perfectly! How do you run the scripit, and what error do you get? :slight_smile:

Exactly the same way, PME macro, and nothing happens.
But my Blender 4.1 acts weirdly, it turns on keymap key binds that i turned off and such.
Let me recheck the thing :slight_smile:
Nope, still nothing. Using PME 1.18.7. Strange

Error is that nothing is created at Attributes section.
The weird thing i also created a script that find group by its name depending on the selection mode, and select its content, and that works also from view 3d via PME macro.

1 Like

Very strange, can you copy past the error? I woulde like to take a look. Also, try to do it in a factory restet blender with just PME and Key Ops.

:eyes:
Smart extrude

6 Likes

You really need a tip jar for this.

3 Likes

Hahah, thanks! Appreciate it @thorn :blush: perhaps sometimes in the futuer once it is more polished and more features are finished :slight_smile: Currently I have a very long list of features I whant to add and almost as long with un-finished stuff :laughing: , so I feel I need to fix all that before I feel its right to add any donation option, if I ever do.

2 Likes

I will say a had a ā€¦ moment or several ā€¦ with the Fast Merge option.

Over a few days, I kept noticing that at random times, Iā€™d suddenly be missing a vertex that used to live there. Part of the lip is gone, whereā€™s that connection in the knee gone? Why are my points just going away?

Turns out: fun things happen when you already have ā€œ1ā€ assigned to ā€œvertex modeā€. :wink:

(Note to self: RTFM, he clearly pointed out the hotkey in the docs)

1 Like

Donations donā€™t work. Had this in MACHIN3tools Standard for years:
https://twitter.com/machin3io/status/1475587112187617282

3 Likes

Hahah, sorry about that! Blender already uses almost every key on the keyboard, so its hard to find anthing that is left. :laughing: Perhpas I should add a little mesage in the info bar that you just mergde a vertex or something.

Also, all operations can be rebound to another key if you ever feel annoyed over it. It took a little while for me to adapt to the 1 key, but once you do, itā€™s quite fast! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah, unfortunately this is true, there are very, very few users who are ever going to donate, and if they do itā€™s usually quite small from what I have seen, even for such high-quality add-ons such as the ones @MACHIN3 makes!

I think it makes sense to ask a good price for your add-ons! Especially since Blender relies so heavily on them and can save a lot of time and money for a relatively very small price!

I will most likely though keep my add-on free, since I am just doing this add-on as a hobby :slight_smile:

Edit - That reminds me, just bought Machin3Tools DeusEx, after reling on the free version for years. Thanks for all the updates! It was insain that it was free for such a long time!

2 Likes

Thanks man, you are doing cool work here. Why I follow :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

People Iā€™ve sent money to, would disagree.

But I get your point on that. Itā€™s unfortunate that more people wonā€™t take a moment and spare just the smallest monetary thank you.

4 Likes

Thank you! @MACHIN3 Itā€™s a great honor having you in the thread! Big fan of your stuff! :face_holding_back_tears: :blush:

1 Like

Oh, totally! I just couldnā€™t figure out what I was doing to make things merge :wink:

I think I ended up typing F3 and searching for everything with the word merge in itā€¦ And then realized oh wait ā€¦yeahā€¦ okay.

(And no work was destroyed in the process.)

1 Like

Well, of course any donation is always greatly apprecaited, but at the end of the day the question will be: does it have a meaningful impact on the long term viability of a project, or is it just pocket change?

As far as I have seen and experienced first hand, it just doesnā€™t work as a model to support development efforts for the vast majority of people and projects.

Hereā€™s just one I came a cross a while ago: https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=38301710 - but there have been countless just like it over the years.

Even for Andrew with his insane reach and well established and respected brand, the numbers are pitiful.

Donā€™t want to be a party pooper, though - or distract from there work going on here, and certainly donā€™t want to be discouraging!

3 Likes

Occurred to me that my tip suggestion might be misconstrued - it was just meant, as currently Dangry is doing the free offer via Github, so a tip would be nice to do.

But if the point came that it was ā€œNope, not free now. $10 (or w/e) on BlenderMarketā€ - ok, thatā€™s cool too. :slight_smile:

3 Likes