Keyshot

Anyone who use keyshot rendering software.
Its very expensive for a student.

I believe they have student pricing for $95 a year.

Well then I still need a money tree.
Do we really need keyshot for product rendering.
I hope not.

It’s really all personal/company preference. I suggest you try Blender Cycles or even the Octane Render for Blender that’s free. You won’t go wrong.

If you don’t want to use the Keyshot, you can use the Cycles and luxcorerenders available in the blender.
https://luxcorerender.org

But if you need fast speed and quality, you have no choice but to use a Euro rendering program that pays that much. :slightly_smiling_face:

I see no reason to use another render engine because i use cycles for years.
I thought keyshot was something like an addon.
Its just about experience.
A good drawing board does not make you draw better. So why spending a lot of money.

It’s about speed and UX.

An industrial designer or engineer where I work who doesn’t even know what a polygon or mesh is, can import a CAD model into Keyshot and produce a render without any instructions in just a few minutes.

The same cannot be said for Blender and I’ve yet to convince anyone at work to switch from Keyshot to Blender because Blender looks too intimidating for no benefit (to them).

There’s an old adage with FOSS… “Linux is only free if your time is worthless” and the same can be said for Blender. Training costs companies a lot of money and with Keyshot, you basically don’t have to do any.

I started 17 years ago using blender in my free time because it is opensource and other 3d software was to expensive for me then.
Why should i switch blender for keyshot
I am not looking for free but keyshot is expensive
I know time is money.

There are various paid rendering software. And the reason people buy it is speed and quality.
(The rendering software also provides dedicated materials, lighting, cameras, and more.)

Please close this topic.

So what is your actual goal here ?? Asking who use it and at the same time telling that it is too expensive… and not completely knowing what it is but still seeing no reason to use it ??

And next: beeing rude to somone who replies ???

Just not understanding why people seem to have a usecase for some app you won’t buy will not ruin the company which sell this.

Why do people use Windows when multiple unix derivates are open source ? Why use any product which was shipped from the other end of the world… (and i’m not talking about not-here-harvestable-at-all products ).

:person_shrugging:

2 Likes

Octane is free? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

AFAIK free trial… like also for Keyshot…

Hmm… there is (also ?) a free tier version for peronal use… (??)

Oh, looks like they have some kind of simplified version, but also with possibilities of commercial use: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSI21-hkPmk

Yepp… that’s what i meant… and guess what… in the FAQ section:

…they do have a requirement part about hard- and software :wink:

I am using linux for about 25 years.
I just want to hear what the experience is with keyshot i do not like subscriptions €99 is to much for me but maybe it is worth the money.
I have no idea.
Just want to hear some reviews about keyshot.
Do not blame me if somebody respond but have no experience with keyshot and gets then a rude answer. Or would you jump on a motorcycle as a co driver. Keyshot is called the best product renderer. !?

Then you might exactly ask for this… maybe some thing like: “Does someone has some experience with keyshot and can tell me about the advantage over blender ?”
It’s usually a not so good idea to ask something and already evaluate it in the same sentence… that’s no discussion and not even a conversation… that’s a monologue.

Or simple have a look in the internet… :

You didn’t replied to the other things i wrote… so i do not understand what this is for :person_shrugging:

…also someone could just ignore some unwanted replies ( :thinking: but then again… why ask in the first place or what’s the initial reason ?) and noone has to get rude for this (you essentially admited to be rude).

Are you the moderator of this forum ?
You don t know what i have asked before asking on this forum. You sounds like my dad which is dead.
I just got my answer keyshot is for companies.
Sorry for asking. I have contacted a user who work with keyshot.

Just a reminder of how to mute trolls Oki!

1 Like