Kitchen Recreation

(Fuzision) #1

Hi guys,

Here is my attempt to recreate my kitchen in blender using filmic blender. Any comments / critiques are very welcome and much needed, so if you have any thoughts on this one please share them with me so that I can improve my work.

Thanks

(alf0) #2

There is not to much to be said her, you’ve left nothing at all, great work ended, Just a fast question, how did you made the glass shader to be transparent and reflected at the same time,? When I do that, the 2 faces of the glass get reflected or don’t get anything at all,

(.Adam.) #3

Looking great! Well detailed, nice materials, really good work.

Only two things are bugging me.

• Why the skewed angle? :confused: what’s the purpouse? To me it’s only annoying. Gratuitous tilting of the camera does not make the image any more interesting IMHO.
  • For the ammount of light that is coming from the outside the exterior trees behind the window look extremely dim. I don’t think you could achieve that even by some serious HDR bracketing. If it’s photorealism you are after I think this ruins it a little. If taken by a normal camera the exterior would be extremely overblown. With hdr I think it would still be brighter…

Total details:

• the bright red toaster in the corner there seems to kind of draw too much attention.
  • for some reason the oven material seems a little weird to me. Not sure why though :(. maybe a little too plastic? should it be more reflective?
  • The handels on the top of cupboards? I get that one could be a dishwasher, but does the rest really open from the top as well?
  • No light switch or electrical outlet anywhere? :stuck_out_tongue:

really good work man! (or woman).

(Fuzision) #4

Thank you both very much for your comments.

alf0 I avoid using the glass shader although there are certain items in this scene that use the glass shader. Instead I prefer using a combination of transparent and glossy which pretty much does the work. I actually came across that shader tip some time ago in this forum and it proved very handy.

.Adam. your comments are valuable. You know when sometimes you are into a project that much, you lose perspective and you need someone to point out the mistakes.

I totally agree with you on the handles of the cupboards and the power supply. I totally forgot to place any light switches or electric outlet and two of the cabinets are dysfunctional!

As far as the oven material is concerned I tried to approximate my sister’s oven which is pretty much the same. The paint seems to have some sort of enamel quality with little reflection and that was the closest I could get.

When it comes to the toaster I believe that balances somehow the green color which prevails on the right half of the picture.

I will make the adjustments you’re suggesting regarding the camera angle and the lighting hoping to achieve a more balanced and photorealistic result. Since I’m rendering on cpu, that might take some time (last render took 18 hours!).

Thanks again!

(alf0) #5

Cool, I’ll try it

(Fuzision) #6

That’s the node set up. In case you want your glass to have a certain tint you can connect a volume absorption node to the volume and give it the color you want.

Hope that helps!

(alf0) #7

Cool, thanK’s man

(.Adam.) #8

Oh yeah, I know that feeling :D. Be sure to share when you re-render, really cool image.

(Fuzision) #9

So, after some time I decided to give it another render adding some minor details and changing the lighting.

I don’t know about you guys, but I kind of think the first was better than this one.

What do you think?

(alf0) #10

Will it’s pretty cool, but the sun light on the first played anice role on giveing a great look to the scene

(zcaalock) #11

fixed with the iphone

btw you can fix the noise by rendering passes and denoise indirect diffuse layer. Im using Ms nlmeans c noise 2 addon for GIMP 2.

here is my kitchen denoised by this technique:

(usernew) #12

There is one thing that makes the image look fake: chimney. Make the chimney more smooth and try changing the color of it to something dark greyish black color. Otherwise it is great.