Kitchen Workshop

My first real project in Blender, or at the very least the first big project that I lead somewhere near completion.

I did this mostly for fun and also to improve my skills with the software. I tried to use as many techniques as I could.

• I modeled everything myself, apart from the kettle (that’s the Blender kettle).
  • I used subdivision modeling for some things, simple beveling for other stuff.
  • I tried to use sculpting for the pumpkin stem, and the bag below the fan, in order to give it some creases. Same for the fruits.
  • There are multiple cloth simulations. That cloth on the right and also the trashbag for example.
  • I used PBR texturing (ground), texture painting (milk) and also procedural texturing (pretty much everything else). The wallpaper is completely procedural, I am proud of myself for coming up with this on my own using a wave texture.
  • I also used volumetric shader for the first time, for that sunlight coming from the window.
  • The fan on top is keyframed and animated (it just turns). I didn’t bother making an animation because nothing else is animated.
  • I used compositing for the first time too, to add some darkness in the corners.
    It didn’t exactly come out the way I imagined, but I learned a lot and I am proud of it.
    I look forward to using Blender more!

The designed is inspired from this great artwork: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/qeB5We

7 Likes

Looks good. :ok_hand:

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!