Kitchen

Image is palleted. And some things need bevels. Nice overall, great lighting, smoother models look awesome. The all white window destroys some composition, break it up with panes maybe.

Nice overall. :slight_smile:

Too perfect! (if that’s possible)

Drool … (hey, no emoticon for drool)

woooow very good work !!!

it needs a little more work to make it more photorealistic but that’s a gooooooooooood work

i dont think he will thats a 220 hour render time!

which could probably melt his CPU.

Beautiful athmosphere.
Great modeling of details although, possibly, you hate toasters. :smiley:
The tiles are especially nice.
Thank you.

I really don’t like the overexposed window though : it’s just an empty space in the middle of the image and it is only photorealistic, not realistic, since our eyes can cope with that kind of dynamic range.
The bump on the wood, most noticeable below the sink is not likely to happen : us, cabinetmakers, do use sanders and planes you know :wink:

Now I have a WIP of a kitchen coming : you’ve put the bar quite high !

Jean

man, that’s sweet. i like how the kitchen looks used.

Please put this on cgtalk and let the world see your talents on blender.

http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=170631
4 stars !!!

OSA! You needed some here! And if it was on high, turn on motion blur to make it even better!

It’s rendered with yafray. Although I thought I set it high enough, I should’ve set it higher. Right now I used 4 rendering passes with 4 samples each.

I see that many people have comments on the window. I think you are completely right that it’s just a white squarefilling almost half the image. I wouldn’t want to use a backdrop though because it would destoy the image. Dividing the windows in 4 pieces is a great idea, and I would do it if the rendering times weren’t that high.

That is SUPERB render! i love the details, the only crit I have (besides the window) is the bump on the walls, it seems a bit too much for me.
excelent work, congrats!
cheers

Very good job indeed!

The window is a little too white, maybe add a background of a tree outside?
I also noticed that the kitchen is way too clean, everything is very shiny, reflective and overall looks brand new. Some dirt, dust, less reflectivity on metal objects and other such things would make it look a lot more real, other then that its absolutely awesome! great job :smiley:

Mystery

I like this work exactly as it is already.

Hi!

Some very impressive work you got there, as I already mentioned on cgtalk.

The only thing that bothers me a little bit, is that some parts are slightly aliased, I won’t suggest you to render it in a higher resolution, since I’ve read what rendering times you got.

Thumbs up!

GreetZ

ReseT

That’s great - you deserve it!

It’s soo realistic render, that I can’t see if it’s a presentation photo of a kitchen or a render. The only thing that makes it little unreal is that is look too perfect. The perfect kitchen for a woman :stuck_out_tongue: well actually I cook too :smiley:

This is brilliant. I am a blenderhead from Kenya… Perhaps the only one, but I was so impressed by the realism of this project. Kudos

I agree. And here’s some really harsh crits :slight_smile:

It looks like you’ve tried to knock down some of the perfection by placing the cutlery and plates haphazardly by the sink. But they are clean, and there are no watermarks on the sink.

You have a spilt bottle of something on the counter, the spill is almost too clean also.

The chopping board looks like the counter material, which is quite common in ‘stylish’ kitchens. But its surface is unmarred. Maybe add a little bump-map to suggest that it has been used.

Despite my harsh crits (which are only to point out where you could make things better in the future - and I couldn’t do anywhere near as good), I love the composition and the overall feel of the result - as a “show kitchen” its pretty much perfect.

Really good lighting :>

Absolutely beautiful, a feeling of a modern kitchen mixed with one in the 1970/80s. Out of curiousity, what was the photo that inspired you?

OH my gosh very photorealistic.
but I found one problem
up on the shelf with the salt and pepper shakers, the jar behind it is
like half great and the other half is not smooth or very shiny or transparent

It’s reflecting the wood… %|

This really is amazing.

It inspired me to give a kitchen scene a try, but it didn’t turn out quite the same…

Here