Kjartan's paintings (contains some nudity)

Very nice works!!!
I agree, textured paper gives a very good feel.
-Jonathan

thanks Jonathan!

Here’s another character design. This one was a request by Francesco Siddi. He wanted a cute “monster”, so this is what I came up with.
finished painting

initial sketch

Hey, i’m kind of new to the forums but it’s really nice to see everyone try their best to keep up with fundamental skills and traditional media most of the time even in this 3D-injected century! your paintings and drawings are really nice i can see a lot of sensibility in how you abstract shapes to create volume, which is fantastic!. Keep up with the great work, it’s inspiring to see artwork like this :slight_smile:

I love these works! Good color and shadow performance.

thanks josemoreno
and thanks GlennC (i like your works too Glenn).
Being able to draw from imagination has been the “holy grail” of all goals for me for the last 2 years. So it is really nice to be able to do these.
i still think i can get much Much better at a lot of things (like “posing”, “style”, “emotion”, “character appeal”, “construction drawing” and so on…), but at least i can draw from imagination now. That would have been almost unthinkable 1 year ago.

It’s been a while since i last posted here, so here’s a collection of pictures that i have made during the last months. A lot of these are school assignments, some are personal projects.

This is a color study. Painted from mir (mir.no) and whiskytree (whiskytree.com)

Wonderful stuff as usual! I love these.

thanks ctdabomb!

Here is another character project. “Elderly Gladiator”.

I am currently sculpting this guy in clay. Just finished making the armature and first block-in phase yesterday.

Here’s the finished maquette of my old gladiator. It took me 3 days to complete in chavant clay, and he is about 18.5 cm tall. This is my second clay sculpture to date (it’s a lot of fun :))

Hey ktysdal, very nice gallery! I like your style. When your’e painting digital, what is your favorite software?

Hi Mikael K. Thanks.
Most of the paintings i do nowadays are done in Photoshop. But i also use ArtRage from time to time as well. When i started painting digitally i did most of my images in a program called Painter.

Ktysdal - Ah ok, yeah, it’s mostly Photoshop for me too. Never tried Artrage but I have done some stuff in Corel Painter. I like the way the brushes work in that program, but somehow I always going back to Photoshop. Have you tried Krita?

oh yeah. i’m checking out krita from time to time.
I used to use it quite a lot for concepts, paintovers and background extensions a couple of years ago when i was working on Tears of steel.

Cool that you worked on Tears of Steel, and did it in Krita. I really like the latest version, 2.8, it’s really great.

mind blown