that’s amazing !!

1 Like
  1. roughly 18 million
  2. no i just yoloed with voxel remeshing
  3. yes

@Adriano_Razor @Victor_Macgrey @nobodyfamous @DG_Gava
Thanks guys!

1 Like

The level of realism is extraordinary, congrats!
Any info about the character? Real ? Imaginary?

1 Like

Nice work man. Vertex paint looking good.

Painted the roughness using cavity mask?

I like very much your sculpts, mostly because they do not look like a typical CG character. Hard to tell what exactly defines that feeling its not only asymmetry or facial expression… hmm its probably true that every art has a piece of soul of the Creator. Anywaaaayy… a technical question: Do You re-project the details onto multires or You rely purely on dynotopo and polypaint a high-res triangulated dense mesh?

1 Like

No. I used the pointiness feature of the geometry shader node to push the contrast of the forms though. That is a good procedural cavity mask.

@b2przemo I have a 2D/painter background so i guess that flows into my creations. I try to break the typical 3D look in some ways. Lots of experimenting with post processing tools and filters.

And no i don’t project any details and most of the time don’t use multires. I voxel remesh my way up and yolo most of the time. Klaus had around 18 million polygons in the end. Plenty for polypainting and tertiary details. I would not recommend my workflow to others though but i like the challenge and it makes me more aware and careful about every step of the process.

I decided to add the torso and shirt later on thats the reason for the seam. Tried to use the cone stamp brush in Photoshop to cover that up. Not perfect but it worked out.

Thanks for your comment!

3 Likes

He kinda reminds me of michael palin

You will render nothing, and you will be happy.

2 Likes

It’s not that Klaus :slight_smile:

So much detail, fantastic work!

1 Like

Dude is grimy… This is insanely detailed but really good… My only nitpick would be the shininess of some parts of the skin (maybe under the nose area and just a bit under the eyes) where it looks almost like a coating of polyurethane sealer or something. I understand he’s kinda sweaty and moist but… or maybe it’s just me.

But also – you are totally rocking the vertex paint. Damn great job with that…

1 Like

Good workflow approach. Thanks a lot for sharing. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like