Knight piece mesh problem. need help

A follow-up from my previous post, I decided to model some chess pieces with the help of some tutorials. Beginning with the Knight. However I noticed that some edges aren’t as smooth as they should be and want to ask for assistance on fixing it

As you can see, there are some creases on the head that I want to fix (the edge of the body is more deliberate, also the weird lighting is there because I thought it would help show the problem better).

The tutorial I was trying to follow is found here for reference. Any ideas on fixing these edges?

Have you tried object mode → RMB → Shade Smooth?

I’d guess you have bad normals- go to your Viewport Overlays and turn Face Orientation on. Anything red needs to be flipped (Mesh > Normals > Flip Normals)

1 Like

@silex shade smooth was already active

@joseph I had since remeshed the part in question, but that moved the seam further back, I’ll look into the Face Orientations and see if that will fix the problem for good.

UPDATE:

Flipping the normals seemed to do the the trick. thanks.

2 Likes

If you want to take it a step further, you could sculpt what you have now and then retopo. Knights are kind of the joker in the deck, because they aren’t made up of basic shapes.