Koenigsegg One:1

Just keep in mind that the video content probably is thinking over the top to it like that user stated.

1 Like

the first 4 renders are gorgeous

1 Like

Ah - no, not a random rotation - the calipers are at a fixed position - the rotors are what spin (with the wheel). In some applications, like motorcycles, caliper location can affect suspension dynamics - which is why sometimes you see some funky linkages, and/or the “rotor” moved from the hub of the wheel to the rim of the wheel.

Trivia: When originally introduced, what we now call “disc brakes” were called “spot brakes” because the calipers only apply pressure in one spot. Actual “disc brakes” looked a lot more like a flywheel and clutch plate assembly, with the disc “pad” being a “plate” that pressed up against the face of the rotor. These had a lot of problems since the force was only applied from one side - which tended to warp both the rotor and the pads -so they were abandoned for better designs … like spot brakes :wink:

Beautiful work, BTW - impressive details. I’d love to see the topology - but I’m sure it’s very clean given the surface you’ve achieved :slight_smile:

Thanks, JoeW

Ah - no, not a random rotation - the calipers are at a fixed position - the rotors are what spin (with the wheel)

That I am aware of. I even mentioned it in the wheel part here (I just wasn’t aware of the precise placement): https://www.blendernation.com/2019/08/12/behind-the-scenes-koenigsegg-one1/

Interesting trivia. Thanks for sharing. Here are some topology pics (I don’t know any better way to showcase the topology, as I don’t like the wireframe modifier):

@sorian_romeo Thanks, Sorian.

@rombout I will still keep that in mind.

1 Like

Well, hopefully I didn’t offend with that statement …

Anyway, looks like some very clean topology - thanks for posting the wireframes.

In case you didn’t know this (I just found out myself) you can go to View>Viewport_Render_Image and output a high-rez version of what you see in the viewport. I’m hoping that someday, they add wireframe to the Workbench renderer so it’s not such a PITA to output a decent wireframe … it shouldn’t be as complex as it is.

Again, awesome model. Do you plan on selling it?

1 Like

Well, hopefully I didn’t offend with that statement …

Not at all!

Yeah, I should have used that approach for screenshots.

Again, awesome model. Do you plan on selling it?

I am not sure if this model is selling material plus I am not sure about the licence and stuff. I also don’t have a paypal account at the moment :smiley:

Wpw lovely topology! Big props dude!!! So cleaning and even :slight_smile: its like a wonderful painting :wink:

2 Likes

Nice tip! Yeah would be nice if Workbench (super weird name!!) could have a bit more items.

PS they should call it viewport or, makes more sense and is more descriptive than workbench. Its a nice feature that viewport render. I think ill add it to my QuickSwitch addon.
Ive made some small things which makes some stuff easier for me to work. I can switch and move between workspaces superfast now

Amazing ! :slight_smile: Awesome work ! :slight_smile::+1:
Where are you from ?
Cheers from germany !

Thanks!

India.

1 Like

That topology is insane ! That cleanness of that mesh is incredible.
How is that possible if not 3D scanned of the real car ?
If that a handmade made mesh, then … omg ! :slight_smile: Respect :slightly_smiling_face:
May i ask how many years it took you to model and render like that ?
And how did you learn such masterful levels ?

Cheers from cologne, germany.

1 Like

Would you mind submitting this image as a header for BlenderNation? Details are here: https://www.blendernation.com/submit-header-graphic/

1 Like

Done, Bart.

@Avalon

Thanks! Yes, handmade mesh. It’s my 2nd year of Blender use. I was not familiar with any 3D software before.
I learned this by watching youtube videos especially from Penfinity, CG masters, Blender Guru, tutor4u, Gleb, CynicatPro and so on.

1 Like

You can read more about this work on BlenderNation:

2 Likes