Kraken

Wanted to do something productive during coronavirus quarantine :slight_smile:
Eevee as a base + paint over in Photoshop.
So nice to concept, find camera angles, and experiment with lighting in realtime with Blender!

Hope you guys like it.

Small breakdown, or rather loosely cut-together random clips:

138 Likes

nice work!
strange that I’m the first to say this

3 Likes

Thanks alot MontagID, glad you like it! :slight_smile:

Stunning work, we will see it soon a the top :wink:
You should try some LoveCraft things hehe

2 Likes

This is freakin’ sick! I love it.

I’m working on a script right now which deals with an ancient sea creature…very inspirational work here. Want to previz for us? :slight_smile:

This is rather sweet. A nice distraction from all of the news lately. Those black and white images give it a rather old feel. That first image with the silhouette of the kraken gives a nice perspective view. Then the close up of the tentacle drives it all home. Maybe it is safer and wiser to just sit here at home after all? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Incredibly amazing!

1 Like

Not really sure whats happening for me in the coming weeks/months because of the corona situation but that sounds interesting! :slight_smile:

Well, the film industry is mostly shut down here, including most indie films. Still developing script, but I’m sure when the time is ready for story boards (digital in your case), things should have returned to normalcy…or a total collapse of civilization and the economy, which in turn renders this conversation moot. :slight_smile:

Thanks alot, nice to read!
Definitely, stay at home folks haha ^^

2 Likes

Yeah i know, i was supposed to start a new vfx job in Montreal a few weeks ago but that is halted now, instead i’m sitting in quarantine in Austria for the foreseeable future.
But everything has good sides too otherwise i would never had started this project for example :slight_smile:

1 Like

great work

1 Like

Magnifique.

2 Likes

I really like the details and lighting. Any chance you can share how you did the dripping/splashing water?

1 Like

Thanks! :slight_smile: The dripping water and splashes were done in Photoshop.
My goal was to do a few concept pieces of a scene i had in mind so didnt care too much about staying in blender for the whole time, i knew i will pimp it a little in post anyway and Photoshop is just way faster for those kind of things.
The Eevee/Photoshop workflow combo is extremely nice for concept artists!

Very cool!

1 Like

Thanks.

Once again, really top notch work. Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

WOW WOW and WOW :dizzy_face:

2 Likes

Aaaaaand you made me realize i totally wasted my life. Thanks XD

3 Likes

Thanks alot guys, really happy to see the responses, thanks!

2 Likes