Kratos | God of War 4

Boy…

this has been quite the project, having started with it back in May. Due to university and work I had to take many breaks in between, but I finally managed to finish it! There are still many details I’m not too happy about (especially the hair and fur), but I really had to put my perfectionism to an end, otherwise I would have never been near done.

This was my first time doing a full character sculpt with armour, weapon, hair, textures, etc. and I learned A LOT. It certainly was a challenge, from using Substance Painter for the first time to really deep diving into ZBrush - therefore I want to thank JHill and FlippedNormals for their incredibly valuable videos on the matter.

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/zDr16Z

55 Likes

This is insanely good.
If there’s any critique i can give besides the hair ( which you mentioned). I think the leviathan axe is too dark and would have been cool to see it with the final render.

1 Like

You’re on the #featured row! :+1:

1 Like

Thank you so much!!

1 Like

This is amazing.

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

Hi everyone,

Here is the “Behind the Scenes” article of this brilliant artwork!

Do check this article written by the artist himself. It describes the process of making the artwork step by step with an insight on character designing in Blender.

Thanks,
Alina Khan
Editor at Blender Nation

1 Like

Cool…absolutely cool!

1 Like

This is beautiful. Thanks so much for sharing your process

1 Like