La Boverie (Liège) - Free Interpretation - Series 1

Hi, long time with no post.
Here is a free interpretation of the “Parc de la Boverie” and its museum.
This is not intended to be an exact representation of the site, However the building is quite accurate. I took some liberty and re interpreted the space for this beautiful place.
Modeled with Blender 2.79
Rendered with Octane Standalone 2019 & 2020
Here is the second series : La Boverie (Liège) - Free Interpretation - Series 2

29 Likes

I’ve been following some of your progress with this on Facebook, what a beautiful thing. Congratulations, man. Great job.

1 Like

marvelous !

1 Like

Really detailed work. I ll be curious to see it animated. Or converted in real time with a lot of tricks and bakes.
Congratulation.

1 Like

I know the place and its atmosphere. Very nice job you did there!

1 Like

Im’pressive :ok_hand:

1 Like

Beautiful, just beautiful. I’d love to see your water shader settings. :+1:

1 Like

Really beautiful job. Pity about the “contemporary” European taste in mediocre sculpture, as if to sneer at classicism in the great traditions of their architecture. What chance that you could create a version with, say, reproductions of sculptures by Rodin, Houdon, et al.? Regardless, fine work. Do more.

1 Like

Very simple water shader, just a normal map, nothing else :wink:

Just a matter of taste …
Have you noticed that one of the images integrates a version of “Le Penseur” of Rodin :wink: ?

Yes - “Le Penseur,” in that version, would have been an insult to Rodin, don’t you think? There are many little-known sculptors whose technical level would have allowed them to, if not just imitate Rodin, to interpret his works in a craftsmanly, respectful manner. I don’t personally know of such works, but I have studied some of those sculptors, locally. It is not snobbery, but admiration for great works that demands that we emphasize the difference between quality & mediocrity. Making this difference clear is exactly what will help someone of less (apparent) talent to be motivated to get better, to better emulate the finest work of the past, even recent past. So motivated, that maker of “schlock” may surprise us, & him/herself, by making new works of real quality. We all know how difficult this is; &, of course, it is worth every effort. Objective criticism actually helps us to get better, not so?

Ok, I understand that you main concern is Sculpture, it’s not mine, I added those sculptures mainly to fill the space and sculpting one of the Penseurs of Rodin to get something that Rodin himself would have consider as one of his works would have take quite the same time as the whole scene and by the way it’s not what I wanted to achieve. Mediocrity is probably a bit hard but I accept your point of vue as well as your critics, for sure constructive for who focuses his work on sculpture and as said it’s not the way I took, I’m not sculptor neither architect and have no pretension for both.
If one day I finally consider sculpting something, I would keep in mind that you’ll be there to provide some incentive advises :wink:

Thank you, Enrico - your work is beautiful, & very accomplished; & we appreciate how much time & expertise your project required. When I say, “Do More!” I really mean it. So, my criticism of 1 minor aspect of your scenes is really just - minor. A larger point, I think, is that standards of quality in many fields have declined. For that reason, we can all try to critique each other, to always improve, by noting specific aspects of our work. Camus: “Une réalisation est une servitude. Il oblige à une réalisation supérieure”. Basically, once we achieve something excellent, we have a responsibility to make something even better. In a way, that is unfair - so much more work! And yet, we know it creates a higher satisfaction, not so? Best regards, Michael.

1 Like

Do you have artstation page or any website that i can follow, i enjoy watching these!!

1 Like

Thanks Richard,
If you wish you may see some of my works on ArtStation indeed : https://www.artstation.com/enricocerica
as well as on my website : https://www.myline.be/