Lake Cabin

You keep moving the goal posts because fundamentally you have no idea of what you’re talking about.

so you think i don’t know what i mean then can you prove that old school graphics cards can render realistic images?
show me!

yes i saw the dying embers but they are blurry LOL, so do you think the blurry graphics can represent realistic graphics LOL?

Once again you keep moving the goal posts, so let’s go back to your original quote:

"Of course, graphics cards are very important in producing realistic images, the stronger a graphics card, the more features it has. "

I’m about to blow your mind – ready? Here goes: We can all agree that the standard for photorealism are big studio films – those guys put out by far the best looking CG images. Then let me tell you that no major VFX studio (WETA, Method, The Mill, C3, etc.) renders on graphic cards. That means none of the Marvel, Pixar, Disney, Sony, WB and Paramount films you have ever watched in your life has ever had their CG rendered on a graphics card!

Mic drop…

P.S.

Please go troll somewhere else, you’re way out of your league around here!

1 Like

don’t change the subject, try to show if old graphic cards can render realistic images, or you don’t even know how to render realistic images?

pixar using cpu+gpu LOL

Few things:

1. Your original premise wasn’t that it wasn’t possible to render realistic images on an old GPU, you told the artist that his image didn’t look realistic because he wasn’t using a more powerful GPU (not that you know what GPU they were using anyway, so its a moot point);
  2. My original reply to you was questioning how using a newer/more powerful GPU would make the image in this thread more realistic, because the same assets would be used. Its obvious that newer graphics cards do more than older graphics cards, but presumably this image wasn’t rendered with something particularly out-of-date. The GPU doesn’t magically make the assets used look ‘more realistic’ does it (though you seemed to be suggesting it could). Or does it? How would that work exactly?;
  3. You have changed the subject, nobody else;
  4. I’d be careful arguing the toss about these things with @midphase, you might make yourself look a bit silly (or more so), and;
  5. Apologies to @bureaubruin for having his thread derailed and attention taken away from what is a very good and pleasing image (as far as I’m concerned)!
2 Likes

Let me explain what i mean.

To produce a realistic 3D object requires high-resolution textures and of course requires a very powerful gpu, because high resolution textures are easier to handle by the gpu, So how is it possible that old graphics cards can produce realistic images if the graphics cards themselves have difficulty handling high-resolution textures, because it is impossible for 16x16 pixel resolution textures to produce realistic images. right?

I’m just stating the fact if the tree looks cg then why is it hard for everyone to accept it?

if mr bureaubruin finds out that the tree in the picture looks fake at least he can fix it right?

Folks, you’re hijacking an art post with a completely off-topic discussion about graphic cards. This is not the right place for it.

fine, iam very sorry Mr.Bart

I’m just trying to help provide a solution to Mr.Bureaubruin maybe by using a strong graphic card he can make the picture more realistic.

1 Like

Yes, the idea was a campfire that has been put out by the rain. There are some burned down logs down at the point of where the smoke starts.

1 Like

Awesome, thanks Bart!

hi Mr.Bureubruin

I’m very sorry if my words are inappropriate and too critical of your work

Thanks for trying to help out, I appreciate it! However, as stated by some other folks over here, the graphics card will not magically make the image more realistic, as this is determined by the quality of the 3D models, the textures and the overall composition and lighting.

However, a stronger graphics card will enable 3D artists to make more iterations along the way due to the decreased render times and better viewport performance.

Fun fact, this image is rendered completely on my CPU. I do have a RTX 2070 but I’m not using it in large nature scenes like this. It runs out of memory quite quickly as there are a lot of layers of different types of vegetation, trees and other assets.

No worries, I agree with your point that some of the trees look a bit CG. I will try and improve it in my next work by using better assets.

Thanks! I’ll try and do a breakdown in the upcomming days.

You might have a good point, but you’re going about it so wrong. Maybe it’s a language barrier thing?

A couple of things that I would suggest:

1. It might be an artistic/stylistic choice on the part of the artist. If so no additional comments needed.

2. The artist might want to check out this post for higher quality trees and foliage for free (assuming the offer is still valid): FREE HIGH QUALITY TREES FREE for Blender | MaxTrees + Blender

3. Alternatively there is this too: https://alter49movie.gumroad.com

But mostly I think it’s a trunk texture and not necessarily a foliage issue. Also the water and the smoke look totally fine. Overall I love the mood of the piece and I think it’s very well done.

This looks very realistic to me. Nicely done. You are an inspiration to me. Thanks for sharing. Can I be a disciple or your blender creations?

1 Like