Lake Cabin

I’ve recreated this environment based on photographic references to enhance my landscape modelling skills.

I’ve been experimenting with new add-ons for the last weeks and incorporated them into this project.
I’ve used trees from Globeplants and Maxtree and scattered them on a surface with the Scatter add-on. The grass is made by using the Graswald Pro Add-on. The water is created with the True Terrain add-on by True-vfx.

Everything is made in 3D except for the smoke, I still need to dive into the smoke simulations sometime.

Let me know what you think!

61 Likes

This is sweet!

2 Likes

Yep, a very nicely composed image - looks pretty realistic to me. Nice one!

1 Like

Well if realism was the goal you certainly hit it. It also has some appeal, I thought I’d like to go and stay at that place after looking at the image for a while.

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

You’re on the #featured row! :+1:

1 Like

it is really great render i really love the lighting would love to hear more about it like you talked about assets

1 Like

Looks like an environment where rain falls a lot, the only question is, where is that smoke coming from.

1 Like

great atmosphere!

2 Likes

looks nice.

2 Likes

I like the reflection of light in water,nice work :grinning:

1 Like

Amazing work!

1 Like

it still looks fake, trees can be easily identified if it is cg and the water is too noise.
I think the graphics card is very important in producing realistic images, so if you want to create a photorealistic image use the most powerful graphics card.

First of all – great day to you too!

Secondly, the graphics card has absolutely nothing to do with the quality of the image or the ability to produce a photorealistic image. You have been sadly misinformed.

1 Like

Of course, graphics cards are very important in producing realistic images, the stronger a graphics card, the more features it has. for example, if you play games on an old school laptop and you compare it to those playing on an rtx 3090, do you think the graphics on an old laptop will be better than an rtx graphics card?

Not my image, but if you look closely you can seen the remnants of a camp fire, so maybe the dying embers of that?

Not that I think there is anything wrong with this image, but how would a more powerful GPU have made any difference? If the trees look CGI, then wouldn’t they look CGI even with a ‘more powerful’ graphics card? If you were to play the original Doom on a computer with an RTX3090 it would look exactly the same as it did on an old PC wouldn’t it?

If your point is that you can render at higher resolutions, with more dense and complex assets, then a more powerful card might make it easier and faster to render, but you might still be able to achieve the same results with any card… it might just take longer to render, need more clever tricks to reduce the load on the machine etc etc.

Or am I missing something, cos I’d love to think a more powerful GPU could make my crappy images more realistic as if by magic!?

You’re missing the fact that @jhon_don doesn’t know what a GPU does and is comparing CG to video games.

I’ve experienced it playing games and rendering 3d on old school laptops so I know exactly how trash the graphics are.
if you need proof please try it yourself

old-school graphics cards can’t handle very complex graphic fidelity