Lakeside Hotel

Hi Everyone,

our edelVIZ team has created these images for a client in Berlin. The Architect for the proposed design Sohrab Zafari and his team. We went through several variations and adjustments to the design and are really happy with the results.

Blender 3.336 LTS, Cycles, Blenderkit and Botanique assets, Nuke and Photoshop for post processing

Hope you like our images and always happy to get feedback!

Cheers,
Jonathan

19 Likes

Nice work, fellow Ex-Modo user. :slightly_smiling_face: I just would change the sun position so it comes more from the left, or right, especially in the first picture it looks not good because its direct behind the camera.

1 Like

This project caught my attention in the finished project section.
I am fascinated by the idea and design. I would like to offer some advice to top view.

The trees on the right bottom are repeating a bit - it’s evident that the same tree has been copied, including the shape of the tree crown, and the color of the trees is monotonous. It could be resolved by rotating them along the Z-axis to make the repetition less noticeable and if you distribute trees not in a line.

On a different note, I genuinely appreciate the top view where the building gains context in relation to its surroundings. I am looking forward to seeing more of your works
Enjoy!

2 Likes

Thanks for the kind words and advice @Erik-nottheviking. We are still using both modo and blender. but slowly shifting more and more projects over to blender

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

Thanks @bartv - appreciate it!

1 Like

@3Dshaker - thanks for your feedback and kind words. Really appreciate that and the regular trees are a great observation.

Nice job ! Love the water shader, can you share it ?

1 Like

Hi @Tchanka - we had used the fantastic water shader from Isac Luca Amisano on Blender Market - works like a charm, is fast - just FANTASTIC. Can only recommend it - well worth the price.

https://blendermarket.com/products/postshade-waterfx

1 Like

Amazing thank you ! This is an instant buy :sweat_smile:

1 Like

@Tchanka awesome! The guy who made it, Isac, is also really nice. We had a small issue and he helped us immediately - really nice and prompt customer service.