Lamborghini Gallardo

Wow ,this is really imazing!!!5* of course. I am showing this pictures to my friends for 2 days already…it’s imazing. I was trying to do something like that with another car…still sitting with a bonnet :). Any tips how to make those imazing shapes and still maintain the body smooth like that?
Great job man

blenditall & Lilgrudgeboy: Thanks :D.

tcrazy:

Did you model the environment?
Do it with aao itll look better…less grain.
An indigo render maybe?

As in the bridge? Yes. The clouds? No post pro.
And yeah, it is an Indigo render, hence the grain.

CG-Predator: Thank you :yes:, the smoothness is just subsurf and ‘set smooth’, for sharp edges with subsurf, extrude twice :).

Thanks again everyone.

Spectacular work.

I’ve been doing graphics for a free racing game called vdrift (vdrift.net) and if you’d be willing to contribute your model we’d love to have it. Using the retopo tool polygon reduction is a painless process, let me know if you’re interested.

Glad to see it done otto riis! It looks good. I’m almost done with mine. I’ll be posting it soon.

Very well rendered, but i dunno. Its not that whats there isn’t great its just the lack of wow factor for me. The render quality whilst not bad enough to really crit its not as good as it could be, it looks/feels grainy even if it isn’t. The lighting whilst very realistic, it isnt dramatic, and yet it isn’t so realistic that it looks like a photo. The modelling of the car is excellent i cant crit you there, but the paint material is pretty flat, same for the material of the bridge tower, which appears non-existant. The road is fantastic, best part of the image IMO.

I think its the emptyness for the majority of the picture that is most bothering me, normally i woldnt mention it but it feels like there is so much good going for it yet it feels bland.

Sorry to sound negative. On a more positive note; here’s 4 stars.

Quite nice! What modeling method did you use? Any chance you could put together a quick tutorial? I’ve wanted to try modeling a lambo myself.

Doublez: Thanks, and maybe yours won’t be as grainy as mine ;).

TheANIMAL: No problem, all crits are good crits :), and thank you for spending the time to write such an indepth response.

it looks/feels grainy even if it isn’t.
I could have let it render longer since it still is a bit grainy, but it was just hogging up my computer for too long.

The emptyness of the picture is proably because the file was getting a bit too big for my computer to handel, so when I got an acceptable scene(although not perfect) I just went with it.

.:Tr@cer:.: Just started with a plane, added subsurf and went from there ;). I could make a quick tut., it might take a couple of days, but what did you have in mind? Just the basic body or the whole thing in general?

I’ve tried modeling cars before but I always end up giving up. I don’t know if I should try modeling piece by piece, like the bumpers and doors etc and fitting them together, or just starting out with the basic shape of a car and try to cutout the full shape.

Hopefully I can let mine render long, but It will probably still have noise. I have to come up with an idea for a scene now. Then model it.

my eyes whats that ??? GREAT i like it its coool also the matirials are great i liked this one more
also i will vote 999 stars keep on blendering:) can you please make a pic from side

My dream car, beautifully realized ^____^ Wonderfully done!

Wow, that’s awesome. Nice scene as well.

.:Tr@ceR:.: Depends, I did this one by modeling it as one giant piece, if you modeled it in parts, you would really have to think about how they would fit together or else you would end up with lots of triangles ;). And the tut. is going to be a while, sorry, I’m kind of busy for the next few days.

Doublez: Coming up with a scene shouldn’t be too hard ;), although your model would look good pretty much anywhere :yes:.

Punk_Buster: Thank you, but those are probably the only two pictures I’ll make, it just takes too long to do new renders, sorry.

Okiphia & Cuby: Thanks :D:D!

What about the .blend? Or did I miss it?

I have a scene and I’m slowly working on it, just like the rest of the project. I think it will look good when it’s done though.

LOL…I just read the signs

Your work is the most amazing thing i have ever, ever seen in my whole life!!!

More, more, more!!

I was so impressed, i thought you had just posted a pic and edited a bit through photoshop…

Stars: INFINITY!! Thanks a lot man, i’ve gotten really inspired by this!

Great car, and really creative idea for your “credits” (anybody see them?!)

:no: that was bad, never bump.

Fantastic !
A very, very minor point … in the front view, the rear tire looks as though it is slightly off the road … there’s a bit of light under it.

Dang It cant see it anyways I know it’s good !