lamborghini sesto elemento (wip)

im in the process of making blueprints of lamborghini sesto elemento as there are none.
so here’s where im at so far… a little bit done on the right side taking my time to get it right.
im going to do the top, front, back and left sides and maybe the interior.
once done ill start modelling the car :smiley:

Attachments

a little bit more progress… what do think???

Attachments

you are getting there but have u tried theblueprints.com

or http://www.smcars.net/

yeah tried both and there are no blueprints of this car that’s why im doing them.

Nice work so far, I think the rear end is just too thin. Feel free to compare with my orthographic views (if I don’t posted them here, check SMCars.net) from my reconstructed model, if it can be of help.

i don’t think it is im using this a ref http://www.tunner.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/Lamborghini-Sesto-Elemento-Side-View.jpg

Pay attention to perspective on this picture. Take a look on A-pillars : you’ll that the right one looks much more ahead of the left one, because of perspective. That means the real (perspective-less) position is somewhere between that two extremes.

The perspective-induced deformation will be much worse on front and rear pictures, because of the length of the car.

oh yeah i forgot the picture is not totally orthographic, so its slightly distorted through perspective

anyway started to layout the mesh now has some strange topology in there have to use tri’s quite a bit, probably have to retypo some parts to make them cleaner before i start to shape and separate panels.

Attachments

EDIT: some more vector drawing done need to fill in some of the gaps. and find good front and rear views to draw from… and i have flipped the side view because it was the opposite way to what im used to.

Attachments

top view done and corrected side view now off searching for the front and back views
EDIT: back end started

Attachments

The top and side view look great, but the rear view is terrible : it’s completely deformed by perspective. I assume you’re tracing over a reference picture, which is the cause of this deformation.

You’re doing an excellent job but the original material isn’t suitable for such a task. Do you want an orthographic view from my own project ? It won’t be too detailed, so you’ll have a huge work with it but at least it will perspective free.

yeah basicly tracing just to make it clearer as it’s quite hard to see some of the cars lines because it’s all carbon. but i have the paths so i could adjust them to fit your ortho pics. yeah please could you do a pic of the front aswell can’t find a decent view as it has the same problems with perspective.