Lancia Stratos

originally posted this to finished projects, but then I realized…I wasn’t finished :stuck_out_tongue:

I guess this project is going in the, “what if a Stratos was a readily available car, and people modded them” kinda direction. So we’ve got Sparco Terras with a Brembo brake kit and some aero :slight_smile: I eventually want to put it in a scene of some sort, maybe a jungle? Or like…sci-fi setting? What do you guys think?

Glamor shots:

Detail shots:

60 Likes

added some aero, and improved the render lighting a bit to add more separation between subject and background

23 Likes

your work on the tyres is finishing touch… nice job. Appreciate the attention to detail… :+1: Keep it up and keep posting

thanks bro! means a ton :smiley:

i threw some dirt on it lol. I think I wanna aim to make it in a jungle scene??? idk. we’ll see. but it was a rally car nonetheless so it looks at home with some dirt on it.

i wish i was better at uv unwrapping and texture painting, cuz this was kinda a pain in the ass lol :stuck_out_tongue:

13 Likes

got a lot more to do, but first try at the jungle scene.

4 Likes

wow, i guess im not doing a jungle scene yet cuz i got caught up in making the chassis more accurate lol!

check this out guys:

having a ton of fun with this rn

11 Likes

The Stratos is one of my favorite cars. Nice to see another fan. :slight_smile:

Minor suggestion - when you’re deciding what environment it should be in, keep in mind if those extra aero surfaces would be present.

1 Like

@thorn oh 100% lol, if im getting it muddy and in a rally scene i’ll prolly take the aero off. we’ll see where the scene actually goes lol.

meanwhile, finishing up the front suspension. just need to get the tie rods & other lower linkage done!

4 Likes

You’re on the #featured row! :+1:

2 Likes

Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! And still yes!!
Good work!:muscle:t3::muscle:t3::muscle:t3:

1 Like

thanks guys! thanks @bartv for the feature!

1 Like

Love this car. Please make one in iconic AlItalia livery :slight_smile:

1 Like

@alekba hehe maybe! man i remember playing gt4 and the Alitalia Lancia Stratos was one of my favessss, it was even in the opening movie! We’ll see if I actually end up doing something like that since i suck at textures LMAO.

some mild progress, finished the front suspension + steering rack, and started modeling an engine :open_mouth:
ferrari dino v6 yall :smiley:

8 Likes

4 Likes

3 Likes

did i say jungle earlier? i meant desert. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Hi Ross.
Your Stratos looks amazing.
I am about to embark on making a Stratos IRL, and when I saw the detailing on the chassis etc on your model, I decided to be rude enough to ask whether it would be possible to persuade you to share that, or part of it with me. That would be of great help when I now embark on designing my own chassis for my Stratos build.

Cheers
Tom

Hey! No worries at all. And I’m jealous of your IRL Stratos :smiley: Is there anywhere you’re posting updates on this build? Would love to follow along.

I might be directing you in a circle, as you might have seen this already, but almost all of my chassis reference was to this kit car that is HEAVILY detailed in this thread here: https://www.midlandslotus.co.uk/forum/topic/65032-nlc-lister-bell-stratos-build-thread/