Land of Lords (talent needed) RPG [ON HOLD]

these are two of the ideas. one of them is the tuto fountain which is the fountain that is placed in the middle of town. and the second one is the road. I wanted the road to be looking detailed using height/bump maps http://www.videocopilot.net/blogstuff/nrm_04.jpg << this is an example on how it would be like that I found on google lol. so what do you think about these ideas.

Attachments

I have already mapped out some ideas (had some “freetime” at school ;))

The magic system is something that bothers me. If I understood correctly, everyone can do magic. That might make the magic seem… well less magical. I would suggest that magic is only available to some people. Maybe just wizards and witches and of course some magical monsters (and possibly highly educated people). There can of course be different forms of magic. Fighter types could boost their ability to do damage with magic or something like that.

Or if magic is available to everyone, there has to be a way to distinguish the heros from “normal people”. Making them more powerful could do the job, but that of course brings a new set of problems.

I had an idea that the world works around magic. Those who can use it are respected, but at the same time, those who can’t are still important for the society (farmers, bakers, etc.)

It’s your call retro world.

I agree with the idea that not everyone could do magic. after all there are other ways to fight using weapons etc. in many of the MMORPG i have played not everyone could do magic but the players where not really bothered about it because they had enough weapons to make them entertained so I don’t think it would be a problem if everyone cant do magic.

Also most people enjoyed being farmers and manufacturers, harvesters etc because they made lots of money out of it

I had a list of what everyone could do, including some of the classes I haven’t introduced to the prototype, I will look for it and upload it shortly.

great overview of the Tuto Island on the first page of the Description. check it out its great thanks alot asros

I’d be willing to help with modeling buildings and landscaping.

welcome to the team :wink:

tell me some stuff you can make. can you make old buildings like these? that would be perfect.

http://www.eternal-lands.com/page/images/screenshots/sedicolis.jpg

Yeah, I could do that. I prefer working off of sketches or blueprints though. Do you want me to whip something up?

yeah that is fine. I will try to do you some sketches later on.

retro world, could you perhaps make a map for the island. It would be a lot easier for me to write the background if I actually knew what kind of island it is. The map doesn’t have to be perfect. Just the general coastline and perhaps a scalebar so I know how big the island is.

okay I will work on it right now.

well this is the basics of how the Island is going to look like, I did it in a couple of minutes so don’t expect much lol this is not fully finished it may changed later on but this is what I was thinking of, you could make changes to it if you wish.

Attachement

Attachments

hey guys im a new member of the team and i would like to do the 3d modeling for buildings and landscape i could also try game economy, but i am new abd dont really know much about making a game so i can learn from everyone.and i could also do map editing if you want i can be put in any position im the same lvl in each (noob), so i guess ill see you guys around.

welcome meltedgears to our team. hope you enjoy working with us.

I need some one else for textures right now. also can anyone model stuff like this and this. that would look great for the game.

ok i could also try to make buildings like that if you want,

yeah that would be really great thanks. keep us updated on the progress please :wink:

heres just a quick model for your fountain http://ul.to/pq93oc

Thanks for the outline. It really helps. I’ll start by making the map on computer… I have a great software for that. After that it’s lore time :smiley:

that is actually good. need to be textured though. hopefully we could get one soon.

also I was thinking that the water should be made by the fluid function in blender and bake it to an animation that would look really nice, I will try to implement it tomorrow.

lore time?

and yeah hope that will be helpful :wink: