Lapislazuli fanart

Hi! this is my fanart of Lapislazuli from Steven Universe. First time using blender, so I did this work as a personal challenge to learn how to use it. Almost all work was done inside blender, only used After effects for final post and color correction. It was fun, I probably will keep using blender for more projects, hope you like it!

https://cdn-animation.artstation.com/p/video_sources/000/201/511/hair-breakdown-wide.mp4

My pages:

www.artstation.com/postprocess

71 Likes

I saw that in your Instagram and I was amazed, really good work. Here I can zoom to see it better xD

Beautiful rendition of my favorite SU character! Well done!
Impressive portfolio, too. :slight_smile:

Excellent use of all photography principles, making this a beautiful image. Well done. :metal:t2:

Thanks! she is my fav character too, she needed a 3D version :smiley:

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

You’re on the #featured row! :+1:

1 Like

Very nice image and thank you for giving an insight on the material. Very helpful!

Gorgeousss!!!

Wow! a first time Blender user…that’s amazing! I am honestly shocked you have no blender experience…have you used other programs? wings 3d? maya? max? 3ds? Hexagon? milkdud? zbrush? That is too good for a brand new 3d novice. I simply love it. Thank you for sharing such an amazing work.

First time Blender user, but almost 10 years in 3D, mainly Maya and Cinema4D :smiley: time to try new tools

absolutely fabulous. The topology is amazing, along with everything else