Laptop in the low-middle price segment for undemanding work in Blender

Hello everyone,

I have quite big changes coming up in my life and am looking for suggestions for a cheap laptop to use Blender on.

I have a fairly powerful PC that I can render on, 3090TI, 64GB of memory - but I won’t be able to spend much time at home.

I want to be able to create models up to 150,000 polygons when I’m on the road, very simple, no rendering, no textures or anything like that - just modeling in solid mode. I will do everything that requires performance on my stationary PC in the evening.

The price for the laptop should be reasonable, as I can’t foresee how long it will stay that way.

I actually detest laptops, but I have no other choice if I want to use all the idle time I will have during the day for my hobby.

I’ve hardly been involved with technology for the last few years, maybe one of you has a laptop like this at home and can give me tips on which performance is sufficient for what.

Many thanks for reading and your tips!

Moin,
I recommend hp Elitebook 1030 x360 g2 or g3. And buy an additional pen for 3d-texturing. I own one of them (2nd hand from Ebay profi seller) for over a year and can say they are very modern, well equipped and just fun to use. Check out the specs (HP site) and video reviews on Youtube.

1 Like

If you Remote Desktop into your PC, you can get away with pretty much any laptop. I have an old garbage laptop that I use as a mobile monitor for my computer this way, works very well

If it’s a laptop for modeling, most models will be possible.
Modelling is still possible even with an old laptop.
And I don’t know how much I’m going to spend on my laptop… :thinking:

I think you should choose a model and ask for your opinion. :slightly_smiling_face: