Large assets library and asset browser

Hi all,
I’ve a question about assets management.
My situation is that I’ve a large 3d assets library composed, mainly, by 3d models and textures.
They’re in 2 different folders (Models and Textures) inside a shared network folder.
Inside each main folder I have subfolders, that sometimes are, for example, the name of the 3d models library or a name of a category (and this is more or less the same for the textures).
About the 3dmodels, there is another thing to consider because the file format are mixed, most of them are 3dsmax file and the others are blender one or more general as OBJ or FBX.
Now, my question is: as recently I’ve faced too much time spending on search the right model or texture, do you think could be helpful trying to build a Blender asset library from the models (and textures&materials) I’ve? Is there a way to create this library in a more automated way?
Do you another tools that could help me visualizing my whole asset library?
Have you any suggestions on this subject?
Would you like to share your experience managing large 3d assets library?

Thanks in advance.

(Edit: Obviously I don’t pretend that Blender asset manager will manage the 3dsmax files… but if you use an external tool that could manage them, I’ll be happy to consider it)

So you already have somekind of naming system… but you have them in different formats… ??

Maybe for the OBJ and FBX files a “simple” batch load and convert to blender would help… (there are also some “asset maker/helpers” ) but this mostly applied to pure geomtry… material setups properly will have to be checked for ever file…

So… the search time depends mostly on your directory structure… i guess… and it sounds like the biggest problem comes from the question: was this an OBJ or an FBX…or… ??

Yes, I’ve already a naming system…but probably I should improve it.

About the time spending on search, my main difficult is that it’s difficult see previews and often I need to load the scene and check it. Probably with an asset manager it should be quicker.

Well… the maybe make you own catalogue… using any image viewer and use cut & paste for the path… this might be the simplest, quickest and maybe portablest ( ← is this a word ?? ) way to use this even after any blender asset manager changes ??

Two users suggests me 2 different asset manager and I think that I’ll investigate them because they have both interesting features and I’d like to avoid too much manual work…
I’d like to have an asset database before leave this planet. :slight_smile: