Large environments

I will Say sorry if this has been covered,

I’m looking for Tips and work layouts when working with large environments, Like some games seam like they go on for miles, I need to adapt this method into the Architecture environments of large offices/Buildings as some times i need to do walk throughs, Currently doing 30 second animation then moving onto the next floor or location of the building,

what i would like to do is have that fluid motion like game environments, but use it in a Building/Project, any links on this would be welcome

Moved from “General Forums > Blender and CG Discussions” to “Game Engine > Game Engine Support and Discussion”

I object to this being moved to game environments as the area i wish to use this in is not a game environment
Please read Whats being ASKED !!

My apologies. The Animation and Rigging support forum might also be a good choice for this thread. I moved it to the Game Engine forum because that’s were you’d be most likely to get a response that could be worked into suiting your needs (you want a feature like what people do in gaming… it makes sense to ask those people for ideas).

That said, if you would like me to move this to the Animation and Rigging support forum, please let me know.

We do have a few tricks here at the Game Engine Support Forum. Here’s how you do massive terrains: Fake them
No system in the world can store an entire country in memory, so you’re going to have to do some faking somewhere.

But, a few questions first:

• Does the client really need to see the street as you go between buildings
  • Does it have to be in a single shot (because if it doesn’t, then you can have the insides and outsides on different scenes.

As you mentioned games in your thread I would assume you are referring to the BGE too.

I do not know if you need to trick with non-realtime rendering as you need to do with realtime rendering.

So are you referring to realtime rendering or not?