Larva

eh eh… disgustingly good!
Blender internal has really evolved very well so far.

My only concern is about the reflections on the skin/banquet, I think it’s a bit too plastic, something I’ve seen yet in some shots of Sintel.

Well, overall 5 well deserved stars from me :wink:

Beautiful!
Great work, modeling, texture, lights… all perfect!
I love the detail of the box and the thermos! :cool:
Bravo! 5 stars!

Its so cute, I liked it.

He is a little creepy but I like that sort of thing :slight_smile:

Good work!

Ha! I love this! I love thinking that this dude has a larva wife somewhere that handed his lunch and thermos to him as he crawled out the door to work.

Nice and funny idea. Very well executed too. Congratulations.

hahaha, endikos, this thought is very funny indeed!

Thanks for all the comments! I still wait for the end of the contest so keep your fingers crossed :slight_smile:

For all of you who are interested in this project I made a short making of that is available here:

http://www.renderspirit.com/making-of-larva/

Very much appreciated rozmiarek, I’ll be dissecting it to the last detail :slight_smile: I’m sure I’ll learn a big lot from it.

haha, great idea!
Technical well done result.
Yes, I like to see his wife aswell :slight_smile:

Thanks!!
very very interesting!
The node setup is awesome! :eek:

rozmiarek - thanks for sharing your vision. I still wait for the end of the contest =>good luck

This turned out really nice! I am trying to get a material similar to what you have on the fingers for a scene I am working on. Any chance of posting a screenie of your nodes setup?

nice scene, i like it!:slight_smile:

Modron - sure, no problem.

http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/4315/fingersg.jpg

great work! I really like the creativity of it more than anything, how you kind of took an idea and made it your own

Hey, thanks alot, man. BTW how did you do in the contest?

that’s hilarious!! this is fantastic, everything about this is totally ingenious. well done!!

i love the bubbling skin surface. is that stress-mapping in action?

Mordon - the results will be announced on Wednesday I guess.

ohsnapitsjoel - there’s no stress mapping; the texture is streched enough because of unwrapping, there was no need for extra effects.

Great as always!