Late Cretaceous Earth from space

Hi everybody!
I recently took up an old Blender sketch of mine to use it in the final phase of a project I worked on.

So this is how our planet Earth should have looked like between 100 and 90 million years ago

This work was done as part of a project in the closing phase relating to the reconstruction of the Earth at the time of the dinosaurs in a specific window of time, that is the one in which there is evidence of their passage in south Italy.

Made all the maps by myself relying on NASA Earth’s map available online, cropping, painting and generally modifying the world map on the basis of several scientific articles.

For this I basically reused and customized the preset files coming from the SpaceVFX incredible course by CreativeShrimp. It is a bit an outdated course and all the files, as well as the videos etc. came with an old version of Blender. But if one’s familiar with the software, this is a goldmine to draw from!
Many things needed to be updated but this was a fun job to do!

Artstation: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/lRWBGo

All questions or comments, suggestions or everything is welcome :slight_smile:

10 Likes

This is a really interesting idea, and very well executed :slight_smile: It’s quite fascinating to stare at this and try to find countries as they are now. Nice work!

2 Likes

Thanks a lot man! Yes it’s been quite a trip for me too :smiley:

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

Thanks dude! Appreciate it :slight_smile: